The Student Room Group
Original post by cloudyh
Hi ,
I am trying to do an Applications through UCAS
but I didn't understand this question ( Live at home while studying?)
does they ask me if I want an University accommodation ?
or they asking me if I want to live in my country and not coming to London ?

Living at home whilst studying is basically you not staying on campus at uni.

Essentially, to save costs students tend to stay at home or elsewhere whilst studying at uni so they don’t require accommodation. That’s what that means. So if you are willing to commute from home whilst studying at uni you either select yes or no.

If you would like a accommodation at campus you put yes or if you want to live at home but travel then you put yes. If not then no.

Hope that helps. 😊
Reply 2
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Living at home whilst studying is basically you not staying on campus at uni.

Essentially, to save costs students tend to stay at home or elsewhere whilst studying at uni so they don’t require accommodation. That’s what that means. So if you are willing to commute from home whilst studying at uni you either select yes or no.

If you would like a accommodation at campus you put yes or if you want to live at home but travel then you put yes. If not then no.

Hope that helps. 😊

If I will come to London and study in the campus but I have my own home to live in it there so I choose no right ?
Original post by cloudyh
If I will come to London and study in the campus but I have my own home to live in it there so I choose no right ?

If you’re home is in the UK, and you don’t mind the travel everyday then yes you select no.

This question is so that the unis can provide you with accommodation if you need it whilst you’re studying at university. 😊
So many people put the wrong answer to this question that most universities ignore it and send accommodation information to all applicants.
Original post by PQ
So many people put the wrong answer to this question that most universities ignore it and send accommodation information to all applicants.

Do unis prefer you to say yes or no. If I say yes: the university will make more money, but they need to find space. If I say no: the university will think they can postpone by application and start with ppl who do want accomodation?
Original post by chemmathbio
Do unis prefer you to say yes or no. If I say yes: the university will make more money, but they need to find space. If I say no: the university will think they can postpone by application and start with ppl who do want accomodation?

It's not something that is used in decision making.
It makes zero difference to your chances of an offer and zero difference to your options to apply for accommodation.
Original post by PQ
It's not something that is used in decision making.
It makes zero difference to your chances of an offer and zero difference to your options to apply for accommodation.

thanks PQ!

Latest

Trending

Trending