The Student Room Group

I like someone so much but I don't think he feels the same way

We used to see eachother months ago, I thought we really liked eachother but he was going through some personal issues at the time so nothing came of it. And then he matched me last week on tinder and we've spoken everyday since.

I have never stopped liking him, I've always had a thing for him and it upsets me so much that i think he only sees me as a friend. I don't know for sure, but I've seen him twice in the gym this week and although we get on like a house on fire, he doesn't flirt with me, compliment me or anything. I would have thought he'd ask me out by now but he hasn't. And I don't want to ask him because I'm scared to get rejected.

But I guess I'd rather know he's not interested now than in the future. I just don't think it's fair that he speaks to me everyday if he's not interested. I just don't think I could be friends especially now when I am not really over him.

Any opinions?
Reply 1
You posted something about this yesterday.
Original post by Anonymous
We used to see eachother months ago, I thought we really liked eachother but he was going through some personal issues at the time so nothing came of it. And then he matched me last week on tinder and we've spoken everyday since.

I have never stopped liking him, I've always had a thing for him and it upsets me so much that i think he only sees me as a friend. I don't know for sure, but I've seen him twice in the gym this week and although we get on like a house on fire, he doesn't flirt with me, compliment me or anything. I would have thought he'd ask me out by now but he hasn't. And I don't want to ask him because I'm scared to get rejected.

But I guess I'd rather know he's not interested now than in the future. I just don't think it's fair that he speaks to me everyday if he's not interested. I just don't think I could be friends especially now when I am not really over him.

Any opinions?

How old. Unfortunately I believe Mr Fox is taken by Mrs Fox.
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You posted something about this yesterday.

It all starts to blur together eventually
Nah the usual anti-semetism
He is exposing corruption about people who he worked for. Trust the media to twist it into claims of 'anti-semitism' though.
Wiley is lit!!

Any opinions?

Well I think you should ask him, like you said it's better you know now, than stay longer, and grow attached to him more, and like him more, if that makes sense.

You need some sort of definitive information, maybe if he hasn't given you any hints/flirts then it's probably safe to say he doesn't like you. However, ask him first and then once you've gotten an answer take some time away or something, to like move on.

Any opinions?

I think he might see you as a friend. But its hard to say unless one of you ask each other out.
Reply 9
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Well I think you should ask him, like you said it's better you know now, than stay longer, and grow attached to him more, and like him more, if that makes sense.

You need some sort of definitive information, maybe if he hasn't given you any hints/flirts then it's probably safe to say he doesn't like you. However, ask him first and then once you've gotten an answer take some time away or something, to like move on.

I asked him out for a drink and he said yes. Not sure if he's just being nice. But surely if he wasn't interested he would have said no?
I asked him out for a drink and he said yes. Not sure if he's just being nice. But surely if he wasn't interested he would have said no?

It's a lovely gesture either way, you could respond with oh "I take that as a date then :wink:" or something like that, but, best to ask other people for advice on that because, I do have the flirting skills of a nonce, well at least that's how I feel like. But my point is, if you subtly say it as a joke, then maybe he'd say oh yeah which is a good sign or like nah or idk when he responds to that it's easier to tell, if he flirts back odd chance he likes you, if he just gives a dead reply like "lol" then he's probably being friendly. If that makes sense

Friends go for drinks.
Think the only way you're going to find out is asking him outright if he's still interested.
Why would he match with you on tinder of all things if he wasn't interested?

I think you just have to rip off the bandage and ask him out.

Any opinions?

Ask him if you get rejected time will fix everthing. As long as the thing go on the hardest will be to over it
Hi there
You say you like him. You say that he never compliments. you thought he would ask you out by now.
If you really like him, feel like there is something between you two, that he could be the one for you then you should make a move.
You say you are afraid to get rejected but you do not know. Maybe he likes you and is just waiting for you to do a move before he himself start something.
Guys need and like to feel wanted too.
If you let it like that, you might lose him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending