The Student Room Group

just wondering how long people have had their braces on for?

^^^

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
^^^

Most of my friends had braces for around 1-1.5 years but I guess it depends on the person.
I had mine on for 18 months, but it can very a lot for different people. It just depends on the situation of your teeth pre-orthodontic treatment, the aim of the treatment and complexity of treatment.
I have had them on for a year My orthodontist said I needed them on for 36 months
Reply 4
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I had mine on for 18 months, but it can very a lot for different people. It just depends on the situation of your teeth pre-orthodontic treatment, the aim of the treatment and complexity of treatment.

mine are quite bad tbh a lot of overcrowding etc , im guessing mine will take a long time
I was meant to have them for 16 months but Covid-19 has prolonged treatment. I’ll be going into uni with them still on, but they should be coming off soon.
Reply 6
Original post by Miriam29
I was meant to have them for 16 months but Covid-19 has prolonged treatment. I’ll be going into uni with them still on, but they should be coming off soon.

ohh im going to uni with them just on im 18 at the moment so im guessing mine will probably be off at 19 or 20, I do feel like im a bit old for braces as everyone I know had braces in highschool, how old were u when u first had urs put in?
Original post by Miriam29

Omds i was supposed to get ask my dentist about braces (again) in august but covid has thwarted my plans. Now im gonna go into Y12 with bad teeth :frown:
Reply 8
2 years
I had mine for exactly 2 years I think :smile:
ohh im going to uni with them just on im 18 at the moment so im guessing mine will probably be off at 19 or 20, I do feel like im a bit old for braces as everyone I know had braces in highschool, how old were u when u first had urs put in?

I had mine for 2 and a half years and I had them for the first year of uni. They weren't common at uni but I wasn't the only one who had them.
Almost 2 years, but will be almost 3 before I get them off I think bc Covid has drastically lengthened the process :redface:
Had mine for 18 months
18 months. A girl in my English had them on for 4 years😫
32 months, but 36 in total I had removable braces for the first 4 months
I first had mine around Yr8 up until Yr10 and during the treatment I had to wear elastics quite a few times lol. Even though it was kind of annoying not to eat hard foods or drink fizzy drinks often, it did kind of pave the way for me to start drinking milkshakes aha. I guess you could say that was one of the positives from it
I had block braces for about 6 months, then braces for about 2 years.

(Didn’t wear the block braces towards the final few months though, but luckily it didn’t really matter).

I got them in the December of Y12, so just over a week before my 17th birthday.
Original post by REDDINGZ
Omds i was supposed to get ask my dentist about braces (again) in august but covid has thwarted my plans. Now im gonna go into Y12 with bad teeth :frown:

I know it sucks, but I went in to Y12 waiting for my braces too (I got them in the December of Y12). Honestly I’d just try not to worry about it. Once you have braces the time will seem to pass really quickly :smile:
2 years I think

from end of year 8- to end of year 10

And, then retainers afterwards

Quick Reply

Latest