The Student Room Group

How hard is it for me to get a girlfriend at uni if im not white

title
What kind of question is that? It won’t be hard, very few people date based solely on race, your character and how you present yourself is more important
bruh why would ethnicity matter bro, I'm mixed and I do fine better than my white friends ngl.
Attachment not found
Stop pitying yourself
Reply 4
Original post by Koreaboo
bruh why would ethnicity matter bro, I'm mixed and I do fine better than my white friends ngl.

mixed is the most desirable race behind white, your just better looking
Reply 5
also to people who think im overthinking this then look at this chart and look at the asian country percentages https://i.redd.it/01q7qua5u8i51.jpg
omg stop with the self pity and get out there
Reply 7
Original post by Angelic Roar
omg stop with the self pity and get out therew

weren't you the girl who said she was "shy and couldnt make friends", and your calling me out for self pity?
Original post by Anonymous
weren't you the girl who said she was "shy and couldnt make friends", and your calling me out for self pity?

that wasn’t self pity. it’s hard to make friends when you have severe anxiety. no need to get defensive just tryna help you lol
Reply 9
Uni is diverse, you will be fine.
title

You do realise there are a lot of other factors that might mean a girl will wenat to spend time with you?
You have decided none of those are needed.
Reply 11
As hard as it is for every straight male attending uni
Original post by macy_m
As hard as it is for every straight male attending uni

nope https:/ /i.redd.it/01q7qua5u8i51. jpg (fix the spaces)
title

this is the most stupidest thing ive ever heard on this site
wait no second to some request of how to eat fecal matter
Reply 14
Ppl need to understand this is a valid question, maybe not a good one but still, anyone saying something like “stop with the self pity” should take a sec to think where this person could be coming from or what experiences they may have had in the past to cause them to ask this. There are numerous reasons why this question shouldn’t be ignored like they have no basis to ask it, for example the existence of colourism within the black race and against more darker skinned ppl. Also the likelihood of racial prejudices, whether an individual is racist or not, they still happen. However the question is kinda pointless, not because race doesn’t matter when it comes to dating, because it can, but because the answer to your question is circumstantial. Meaning you can never really know the answer to your question by getting individual answers, unless a specific university has a history of darker skinned ppl finding it hard to get a partner, which is very unlikely and would need quite a bit of research done to be taken seriously. Furthermore there are a lot more factors involved in whether you are attractive or likely to be someone’s type other than your skin colour that would do a better job of determining whether your chances of getting a gf/bf is higher or lower. I’d say don’t let any beliefs about race hinder you from putting yourself out there because that mindset will work against you. Even if someone flat out says your dark skin is a reason for them not being attracted to you, walk away, keep your head up and look elsewhere for a better person. Ps. You don’t have to be black this works with any ethnic minority.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rheo
Ppl need to understand this is a valid question, maybe not a good one but still, anyone saying something like “stop with the self pity” should take a sec to think where this person could be coming from or what experiences they may have had in the past to cause them to ask this. There are numerous reasons why this question shouldn’t be ignored like they have no basis to ask it, for example the existence of colourism within the black race and against more darker skinned ppl. Also the likelihood of racial prejudices, whether an individual is racist or not, they still happen. However the question is kinda pointless, not because race doesn’t matter when it comes to dating, because it can, but because the answer to your question is circumstantial. Meaning you can never really know the answer to your question by getting individual answers, unless a specific university has a history of darker skinned ppl finding it hard to get a partner, which is very unlikely and would need quite a bit of research done to be taken seriously. Furthermore there are a lot more factors involved in whether you are attractive or likely to be someone’s type other than your skin colour that would do a better job of determining whether your chances of getting a gf/bf is higher or lower. I’d say don’t let any beliefs about race hinder you from putting yourself out there because that mindset will work against you. Even if someone flat out says your dark skin is a reason for them not being attracted to you, walk away, keep your head up and look elsewhere for a better person.

thank you for your thoughtful answer
I don't know, there are other variables which also determine whether females might like you.
title

Not very hard mate.
Just as hard as it would be for a white person to presumably? Do people really factor in race when looking for a partner? I would’ve thought few do. As long as you’re approachable and respectful towards people you shouldn’t have any problems I wouldn’t have thought! Plus most unis are pretty diverse so there literally is someone for everyone :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending