The Student Room Group

Looking to make muslim friends

Hello I would like to meet Muslims who are committed to the faith so I can learn from them and become a better person. I do try to complete the Salah on time but it's hard because I procrastinate ALOT and I sincerely want to change this. I'm starting from scratch since my understanding of the religion is pretty low as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ontheroad145
Hello I would like to meet Muslims who are committed to the faith so I can learn from them and become a better person. I do try to complete the Salah on time but it's hard because I procrastinate ALOT and I sincerely want to change this. I'm starting from scratch since my understanding of the religion is pretty low as well.

What do you want to learn/understand first? I can help with whatever I can. however, I think it is better if I message you on here instead of on this public thread
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tahrima Tariq
What do you want to learn/understand first? i can help with whatever I can
could we start with the purpose of Islam? thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
could we start with the purpose of Islam? thanks

i will reply to this on private message
Reply 4

Why not explore various other religions as well, then decide? what about non- Abrahamic religions?
Original post by mgi
Why not explore various other religions as well, then decide? what about non- Abrahamic religions?

I'd rather get a grip on Islam first becaude I really want to understand it and exploring others will confuse me ig,?
Reply 6
I'd rather get a grip on Islam first becaude I really want to understand it and exploring others will confuse me ig,?

No. I doubt very much that it would confuse you! You would just end up making a more informed choice about which religion will be best for you! And it will certainly improve your respect for other faiths even more!
Original post by mgi

I think OP just wants to improve their knowledge on the religion they already follow, Islam. From what they’ve said I don’t think they’re confused about their choice
Reply 8
Original post by zz2002
I think OP just wants to improve their knowledge on the religion they already follow, Islam. From what they’ve said I don’t think they’re confused about their choice

I never made an argument about whether the person was "confused ". That is from your mind.
I would repeat- why not be better informed about a variety of religions before choosing a particular one?
No one mentioned "confusion" except for you!
Original post by mgi
I never made an argument about whether the person was "confused ". That is from your mind.
I would repeat- why not be better informed about a variety of religions before choosing a particular one?
No one mentioned "confusion" except for you!

Well you sound like you’re saying he’s confused. Because the OP didn’t say that they’re wanting to choose either, they’ve chosen already! They just want to improve their knowledge in their religion
Reply 10
Original post by zz2002
Well you sound like you’re saying he’s confused. Because the OP didn’t say that they’re wanting to choose either, they’ve chosen already! They just want to improve their knowledge in their religion

I repeat , i said nothing about him being " confused". That is coming from your head not mine.
And whether he has " chosen already" does not preclude him from checking out the claims of other religions does it? And he does not say he is not interested in also investigating other religions either. Not everyone's attitudes towards religion will be the same as yours!

How would it confuse you? If you don't have the ability to assess competing claims, how do you decide which is true?

These are rhetorical questions, as debate is not allowed here.

hello im muslim, happy to answer any questions :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 13
Same here
Reply 14
Same here
Original post by Tahrima Tariq
What do you want to learn/understand first? I can help with whatever I can. however, I think it is better if I message you on here instead of on this public thread

Salaam, I want study computer science,IT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending