The Student Room Group

To veggie or not to veggie?

I’m leaving home this year and I’m thinking about meal planning. People who’ve gone from eating meat to becoming vegetarian - how easy was making the switch and what differences (good or bad) has it made to you and your life? Thanks
Original post by sunshine1243
I’m leaving home this year and I’m thinking about meal planning. People who’ve gone from eating meat to becoming vegetarian - how easy was making the switch and what differences (good or bad) has it made to you and your life? Thanks

Hi!

I've been veggie for about 5 years now.
I would say change your diet gradually if you are. Like stop eating red meat for a bit by using alternatives and then cut it altogether, or change how many days you don't eat meat each week. I found this the most easiest way.
I stopped craving meat after about a month and started to really dislike the thought of eating meat.
I found my health improved, like i don't suffer from getting ill as much, my skin improved and generally have a lot more energy. it's a lot cheaper to eat. Just look at restaurant menus, for example. Also, now there a lot more choices for veggies now as well when you eat out.
Just remember to include protein in each of your meals. so things like oats, beans and lots of veggies that are high in protein.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Why do you want to be vegetarian?
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Why do you want to be vegetarian?

Cheaper and healthier 😂
Cheaper and healthier 😂

Cheaper sure but not healthier.
Reply 5
do what makes you happy :dontknow:
Cheaper sure but not healthier.

Yeah I guess, but I think for someone like me who eats far too much meat and not enough vegetables and fruit it probably would mean my diet got healthier as I would learn new veggie recipes
Yeah I guess, but I think for someone like me who eats far too much meat and not enough vegetables and fruit it probably would mean my diet got healthier as I would learn new veggie recipes

Fair enough, or you could just eat more fruits and vegetables.
Fair enough, or you could just eat more fruits and vegetables.

I know, I really should! But I do feel like being vegetarian (maybe even for five days a week because I do enjoy meat a lot) would be good for me because then I’d have the motivation and it would be cheaper.
I know, I really should! But I do feel like being vegetarian (maybe even for five days a week because I do enjoy meat a lot) would be good for me because then I’d have the motivation and it would be cheaper.

You could just go veggie on certain days as you say here.
I'd never be able to go properly veggie I love lasagna too much...
Original post by Rufus the red
You could just go veggie on certain days as you say here.
I'd never be able to go properly veggie I love lasagna too much...

Lasagna is a strong argument. I think that’s what I might do, then I can have the best of both worlds.
Lasagna is a strong argument. I think that’s what I might do, then I can have the best of both worlds.

lasagna.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest