The Student Room Group

BSc Biology Middlesex

Hi SF,

I was wondering if the Biology BSc offered at Middlesex University (part time) is on the funding exempt list?

Thanks.
Original post by Bongo Bongo
Hi SF,

I was wondering if the Biology BSc offered at Middlesex University (part time) is on the funding exempt list?

Thanks.

Hi, the Biology course at this university is full time and therefore not an exception course. There is no part time biology course at Middlesex University.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, the Biology course at this university is full time and therefore not an exception course. There is no part time biology course at Middlesex University.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi, it says on their website there is https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/biology-bsc. And I've applied as a part time student?
Hi, it says on their website there is https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/biology-bsc. And I've applied as a part time student?

I have checked again and I can confirm that this course is full time on the database. The only biology part time course on the database is "biology and biomedical science" which is a postgraduate doctoral part time course.

It's impossible for you to have applied for funding as a part time applicant for the course you linked, if you have then it won't be approved because there is no part time course on the database.

If there should be a part time course then you should speak with the university to get them to add it to the database.
Thanks, Isaac
I have checked again and I can confirm that this course is full time on the database. The only biology part time course on the database is "biology and biomedical science" which is a postgraduate doctoral part time course.

It's impossible for you to have applied for funding as a part time applicant for the course you linked, if you have then it won't be approved because there is no part time course on the database.

If there should be a part time course then you should speak with the university to get them to add it to the database.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,

I meant I'd applied to middlesex as a part time student. I haven't applied for funding for this course yet. I'll contact the university and see if they will add the course to the database.

Thanks.
Hi Isaac,

I meant I'd applied to middlesex as a part time student. I haven't applied for funding for this course yet. I'll contact the university and see if they will add the course to the database.

Thanks.

You're welcome :smile:
You're welcome :smile:

Hi, I was wondering if, for this kind of funding, how many part time years maximum can I be funded for? Also, would transferring unis to continue, at say, level 5, (to a uni which also offers the same or similar subject part time) be allowed?

Thanks.
Hi, I was wondering if, for this kind of funding, how many part time years maximum can I be funded for? Also, would transferring unis to continue, at say, level 5, (to a uni which also offers the same or similar subject part time) be allowed?

Thanks.

Students who started their course after September 2012 can have up to a maximum of 16 years part time support if they:
-Complete the course within 4 times the length of the full time equivalent (FTE); and
-Study at an intensity of at least 25% in each academic year and for the overall course

You can transfer universities during the course if you wish to do so.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending