The Student Room Group

PAYPAL SCAM, am I hacked????

So basically I put a listing on my eBay of a dress I wanted to sell, this person had messaged me saying to email her as she wanted to buy the dress but she needed my PayPal email and my PayPal link in which I gave to her as I’ve sold items similarly in the past without no issue. She had told me that she wanted to buy my dress as a gift and to gift wrap it and buy some gift cards but I had told her you have to give me the money first for me to then buy it, she had also provided an address to give it at. However the day after she had then had given me a fake PayPal email saying that she had paid me. I obviously then freaked out bc I get stressed easily so I had changed my PayPal email and the password. Do you think I got hacked? I checked my PayPal but no money has gone out from it.
Doubt it. Don’t see how she could have hacked you
You have to contact the police regards this matter so they can look into it go into your bank and ask for a print out for the last 10 days from your bank account and you will see what money went out and in and on what date never ever give out any bank or paypal details to anyone not even your family and never give your pin number to anyone if you do the bank wont refund you any money that has been taken from your account
Reply 3
Original post by Scottishlad888
You have to contact the police regards this matter so they can look into it go into your bank and ask for a print out for the last 10 days from your bank account and you will see what money went out and in and on what date never ever give out any bank or paypal details to anyone not even your family and never give your pin number to anyone if you do the bank wont refund you any money that has been taken from your account

Don’t think the police will do anything tbh. I did check my bank statements but no money was taken. They don’t know my pin however only know my PayPal email and PayPal link
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t think the police will do anything tbh. I did check my bank statements but no money was taken. They don’t know my pin however only know my PayPal email and PayPal link

Yh police won’t do anything. Also with that information they can’t do anything. I think you’re fine
Reply 5
Original post by Eaphysics
Yh police won’t do anything. Also with that information they can’t do anything. I think you’re fine

Thank you for reassuring! I was just stressing as I just seen a dodgy email from them lol
Why are you emailing her with PayPal details if you have it listed on eBay? They do all that for you.
Original post by Anonymous

Thats good to know
Reply 8
Original post by GabiAbi84
Why are you emailing her with PayPal details if you have it listed on eBay? They do all that for you.

Because eBay takes 10% off the purchase, so sometimes on the reselling sites ppl ask to just pay through PayPal directly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending