The Student Room Group

My sister is crazy (very dramatic story lol)

Tonight is the final straw my sister plays loud music again when I have to wake up early for school and she also has to. We told her to stop like every other night but she keeps shouting and kicking to my dad. Earlier we took her phone and she wrote a letter saying she was sorry and promises to not play loud music again but guess what she did it again. So I took her phone away and she scratched me and it bled a bit (but i got a band aid on it now) and I gave the phone to my dad but she was screaming and shouted give it back and she proceeded to hit my dad. I naturally pulled her away and tried to stop her but she kept going at it, she said I need it for school tommorow (ironic how she was keeping us awake when we had school tomorrow). My siblings woke up and my older brother said to her no means no. Eventually my dad said to not play music and he would give back the phone. My sister took back her phone and now is not playing music for now. Sorry it was long I need to vent I really hate her because I'm really close to my family and I don't want to see them get hurt. Idk what to do if it happens again
she hits her own dad?
bloody hell
how disrespectful
Original post by Anonymous
Tonight is the final straw my sister plays loud music again when I have to wake up early for school and she also has to. We told her to stop like every other night but she keeps shouting and kicking to my dad. Earlier we took her phone and she wrote a letter saying she was sorry and promises to not play loud music again but guess what she did it again. So I took her phone away and she scratched me and it bled a bit (but i got a band aid on it now) and I gave the phone to my dad but she was screaming and shouted give it back and she proceeded to hit my dad. I naturally pulled her away and tried to stop her but she kept going at it, she said I need it for school tommorow (ironic how she was keeping us awake when we had school tomorrow). My siblings woke up and my older brother said to her no means no. Eventually my dad said to not play music and he would give back the phone. My sister took back her phone and now is not playing music for now. Sorry it was long I need to vent I really hate her because I'm really close to my family and I don't want to see them get hurt. Idk what to do if it happens again

Sounds like my sister when she was going through puberty. It’s probably just hormones bro. My sister went through same phase and was the most annoying loud music playing cow ever! Thankfully she grew out of that phase and is ‘normal’ now. Oh and I have a few scars from her scratching too. :eek:

Maybe try having a rational conversation with her? Tell her can we please agree a time past she wear headphones so you can sleep? And how you would really appreciate it if she were more considerate? Then you wouldn’t ever take her phone. Try it bro. Might work. But approach her when she is in a calm mood to talk, not one of her rages.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
she hits her own dad?
bloody hell
how disrespectful

Ikr and he wakes up early to take her to school each morning, he even bought the phone she has for her
Ikr and he wakes up early to take her to school each morning, he even bought the phone she has for her

she needs to learn some respect and manners asap
how old are you both?
Reply 5
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
she needs to learn some respect and manners asap
how old are you both?

I'm 16 and she's 17
Reply 6
Original post by boulderingislife
Sounds like my sister when she was going through puberty. It’s probably just hormones bro. My sister went through same phase and was the most annoying loud music playing cow ever! Thankfully she grew out of that phase and is ‘normal’ now. Oh and I have a few scars from her scratching too. :eek:

Maybe try having a rational conversation with her? Tell her can we please agree a time past she wear headphones so you can sleep? And how you would really appreciate it if she were more considerate? Then you wouldn’t ever take her phone. Try it bro. Might work. But approach her when she is in a calm mood to talk, not one of her rages.

Idk my mum tried to do this and my brothers as well but she never took it in. She has been doing this for like 2 months or 3 months for every night
Reply 7

Plus my brother even bought kinda expensive earphones for her. But she doesnt even touch or use them.
Idk my mum tried to do this and my brothers as well but she never took it in. She has been doing this for like 2 months or 3 months for every night

She’ll grow out of it. Just give her some space. Ask her to play music with headphone in and tell her you have three chances and after that you’ll confiscate her phone for a week. See if that riles her enough. Get your dad onboard with the plan too - and ask him to enforce it? Need to find a non violent punishment that is effective. Hopefully a week without her phone will get through to her.

Also, as a side note, in my safeguarding course I learnt kids can start acting up if they are being abused! Ask your mum to discreetly ask her if anyone is hurting her or making her do things. Maybe she is being groomed online or something? It’s best left to a female to do though. Hope it isn’t but if her behaviour changed all of a sudden, that is one sign.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Are you in or from America by any chance?
Reply 10
Why are you almost single handedly parenting your sister? That should be up to your parents, not you. You need to sit down and have a serious discussion about that with them.

Troll
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Why are you almost single handedly parenting your sister? That should be up to your parents, not you. You need to sit down and have a serious discussion about that with them.

New avatar bro? I prefer the fox!
Reply 13
New avatar bro? I prefer the fox!

Then a fox you shall have...
Then a fox you shall have...

Good man! 👍

My dad tries but she doesnt listen he even tries to talk to her and reason to her but she doesnt listen to anyone
Reply 16
My dad tries but she doesnt listen he even tries to talk to her and reason to her but she doesnt listen to anyone

Well if she blares her music at 2 in the morning, why doesnt your dad start taking her phone at night er something along those lines? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending