The Student Room Group

Burnt Out

I am completely exhausted with A level(year 13) have no energy to do any thing. I am just completely exhausted with any thing that require the use of my brain doing ,Further maths, Maths, physics and Computer science and repeatedly doing **** in every test . i need to work harder buy have no motivation.

then having to do this for like 4 more years in university the work for 60 years , i dont thing i can hack that

****kkkkkkkk
I would advise having a time table that ensures that your revision is structured but at the same time giving yourself a break to relax to avoid a burn out. Right now however, give yourself some time off from revision to get your energy back. If you keep on stressing your self out, you will experience much worse than a burnout and end up in hospital.
Reply 2
Original post by Imperial Majesty
I am completely exhausted with A level(year 13) have no energy to do any thing. I am just completely exhausted with any thing that require the use of my brain doing ,Further maths, Maths, physics and Computer science and repeatedly doing **** in every test . i need to work harder buy have no motivation.

then having to do this for like 4 more years in university the work for 60 years , i dont thing i can hack that

****kkkkkkkk

Are you on half term next week? If so, take a few days off to do absolutely nothing. Give your brain a chance to switch off and recover a bit - it's an intense school year, so you probably haven't had a chance to stop thinking since the start of term! Then, take a day or two to get your head round everything - write out simply the topics for each subject that you need to know by the end of the year. Yes the list will be long, but it's a lot less overwhelming when you can see it written out with a clear start and finish. You can use the last few days of half term to get any homework done :smile:

Going forward, try and focus your revision and work on simplifying - summarising notes, cutting everything down as much as you can until you only have the absolute simplest form of what you need to know. In doing so, you strengthen your knowledge of the content as you write it up, and also get to throw away a bunch of old notes and papers (especially from year 12) - as long as your summaries cover everything on a sheet, you don't need that sheet anymore. This way, it feels like you're making tangible physical progress in your work, which I find helps a lot in keeping me motivated and showing that I'm getting stuff done.

A levels are tough, I found them much tougher than uni. If you get through them then you get to do 4 years of immersing yourself in your favourite subject, and then hopefully find a job where you get to work with your favourite subject, and things will get a lot better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending