The Student Room Group

School send off predicted grades wrong

Due to the whole covid 19 communication has been difficult and resulted in my application being sent off with a grade one lower than I should of been, can this be changed
Original post by MJA2802
Due to the whole covid 19 communication has been difficult and resulted in my application being sent off with a grade one lower than I should of been, can this be changed

Yes it can. Your school needs to contact ucas
Reply 2
@mxlik7123 will this affect my chance of an offer, even if my teachers email the universities saying they got a predicted grade wrong will they even take it into consideration
Original post by MJA2802
@mxlik7123 will this affect my chance of an offer, even if my teachers email the universities saying they got a predicted grade wrong will they even take it into consideration

ask your referee. If it is an error,then it shouldn't matter but if it is an adjustment because they feel you can do better then perhaps. Your referee will know best and they have to sort it out for you.Also depends on the university.
Original post by MJA2802

Most Unis will usually not accept a change in predicted grades after an application has been submitted.
Your school will need to contact each of your Universities individually - they will not take any change from you - but be prepared for No.
Reply 5
@McGinger it’s a matter of A*A*A* as opposed to A*A*A so shouldn’t matter to much in the grand scheme of things
Original post by MJA2802
@McGinger it’s a matter of A*A*A* as opposed to A*A*A so shouldn’t matter to much in the grand scheme of things

Why are you complaining then. Made it seem as if 2A*s is the end of the world.
Reply 7
@mxlik7123 worked hard to get predicted all a*’s so it’s a shame if one got put in wrong
Original post by MJA2802

No it can’t. UCAS won’t amend predicted grades.
Your only option would be to cancel your application completely (possible within the first 14 days of applying) and start again from scratch and resubmit a new application.

Before you do this get your school to contact each of your universities to explain the situation and ask them if the university will make a note locally of the correct predictions. If they’re happy to do that then it saves you and your school a whole bunch of work.
Reply 9
@PQ as said earlier, do you think this is worth it , if predicted A*A*A already. Applying for economics at notts, St. Andrews and Leeds
Original post by MJA2802
@PQ as said earlier, do you think this is worth it , if predicted A*A*A already. Applying for economics at notts, St. Andrews and Leeds

Yes, it's worth applying with accurate predictions. Talk to your school and hopefully the unis will accept amendments.
Original post by MJA2802

It's worth (your school) asking the universities.
It isn't worth going down the route of cancelling your application and re-doing the whole thing from scratch.
Reply 12
Original post by MJA2802

The school should be able to change them through UCAS - there is an advisors email contact address. Also your application may well have been sent on to the universities if you sent it more than two days ago - the school should also email each university to tell them. If your application is just one grade below the minimum requirements then most universities will still look favorably at your application even with the error it will depend on how competitive the course is at the university.
Reply 13
@JUG UK @PQ @Admit-One just emailed my referee all of the admissions emails for my choices, she’d said she’ll email them saying they made a mistake when inputting predicted grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending