The Student Room Group

Laptop recommendations for Uni

I am hoping to start a Vet nursing degree next year and I am looking for a mid range laptop with good battery life. It'll mainly be for taking notes using microsoft office and researching on internet, emails, netflix etc, so nothing technical or gaming.

I am looking at a 2 in 1 so I can use the touchscreen for quickly noting things down and annotating.

I have been looking at some chromebooks as they seem affordable but havent heard good things about storage and battery. So I'm moving away from that idea more now.

Any suggestions welcome (including non 2in1/touchscreen as its not essential).
Original post by CJB2000
I am hoping to start a Vet nursing degree next year and I am looking for a mid range laptop with good battery life. It'll mainly be for taking notes using microsoft office and researching on internet, emails, netflix etc, so nothing technical or gaming.

I am looking at a 2 in 1 so I can use the touchscreen for quickly noting things down and annotating.

I have been looking at some chromebooks as they seem affordable but havent heard good things about storage and battery. So I'm moving away from that idea more now.

Any suggestions welcome (including non 2in1/touchscreen as its not essential).

Hi!

I use a Microsoft Surface laptop. Works really well for taking notes, researching, etc. and the touchscreen is perfect for scrolling through books and articles online. The battery life last ages, I can be on it all day and not need to charge it. Also, it was pretty affordable (in my budget).

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

I use a Microsoft Surface laptop. Works really well for taking notes, researching, etc. and the touchscreen is perfect for scrolling through books and articles online. The battery life last ages, I can be on it all day and not need to charge it. Also, it was pretty affordable (in my budget).

I hope this helps!

Thankyou so much I was looking at these! Just out of curiosity what RAM and storage option did u get?
Also do u think u could annotate documents using the touchscreen or is it more just for scrolling etc.
Sorry for all the questions x
Original post by CJB2000
Thankyou so much I was looking at these! Just out of curiosity what RAM and storage option did u get?
Also do u think u could annotate documents using the touchscreen or is it more just for scrolling etc.
Sorry for all the questions x

no worries about the questions :smile:
I got 8GB of RAM
238 GB storage
and I'm able to annotate documents with the touchscreen (I usually do this on PDF documents)

Reply 4
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
no worries about the questions :smile:
I got 8GB of RAM
238 GB storage
and I'm able to annotate documents with the touchscreen (I usually do this on PDF documents)

perfect thankyou so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending