The Student Room Group

My boyfriend allowed a girl to sit on his lap?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 3 years, we both moved and go to uni in the same city but it’s just different university so that means we have to get accommodation.
He’s in flag with 3 girls and 2 boys (I have no issue with him being in a flat with them) but recently they took a group picture together and one of the girls was sat on my boyfriend lap?
I asked about this and he said it was a quick thing and he did not want to make things awkward?
Is allowing another female to sit his lap cheating ? If not what can I do to show him that for me this was unacceptable
Reply 1
Deffo cheating, I’d do something if I was you
Original post by Shweetyyy
Is allowing another female to sit his lap cheating ? If not what can I do to show him that for me this was unacceptable

How are you of age to go to Uni but childish enough to consider that cheating? She's presumably a mate, not some random girl.
it's iffy ngl

"cheating" is a strong word. ppl throw it around too much

surprised ur even together given the move to uni etc
It’s not cheating and weirdly I know of a similar circumstance. It sounds like it was over very quickly and he didn’t see it as anything, so I wouldn’t worry, but it’s very fair to be uncomfortable. I’ve done that with friends before but it’s very obvious that there’s nothing between us romantically or sexually.

I’d just ask him to change this in future and be more aware of your feelings.
Reply 5
Of course it’s not cheating, unless he aspires do do much more than this.
Not cheating but in very poor taste, assuming it was just a few seconds.
Reply 7
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
How are you of age to go to Uni but childish enough to consider that cheating? She's presumably a mate, not some random girl.

Idk if your a guy or girl but imagine seeing ur significant other sat on the opposite gender lap and I’m not saying it’s cheating but if your fine with seeing that then your just weird
Reply 8

LOL nice bait, but in all seriousness what did you think when you posted this? think deep and hard for a moment if you were in the same situation because its likely you wouldn't act like this at all
Reply 9
dumped!
It’s not cheating, but I think it’s weak on his part and disrespectful on her side if she knows he has a girlfriend.
Reply 11
Red flag if she feels comfortable enough to do it.
ngl I’d be a bit jealous

Idk if your a guy or girl but imagine seeing ur significant other sat on the opposite gender lap and I’m not saying it’s cheating but if your fine with seeing that then your just weird

I'm not weird, I just act like an adult. If you are upset that your s/o sits on a mate's lap, you aren't mature enough for a proper relationship.

How is that weird..? It's weird that you've been together for so long, yet you don't trust him enough to take a picture with a girl...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending