The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it's a scam don't follow any links they give you
A bait out page is where they post pics/videos of people without consent. But this definitely sounds like a scam
Reply 3
Wtf she’s started replying saying it’s real. I’m so scared. I’ve never sent a nude before but maybe it’s something else. What if I’ve been filmed during sex or something 😭😭
Reply 4
I could actually cry. Terrified
Reply 5
Has anyone ever had this before ????
Reply 6
What if they’ve got into my iCloud or something tho
Reply 7
It’s not on TSR it’s on Instagram. The person is 100% a real person and I even know they’re British because they’re putting x at the end of their messages. And I deff have pictures on iCloud I wouldn’t want getting out which I know is dumb but not much I can do to change it now
Look through their followers - are they real people or do they look more look bots? How many followers do they have?
Also, what exacting are they asking you to do in the message? If they have sent a dodgy link, don't open it but ask for the name of the bait out account. Don't tell them you are pancaking and worried as if they are scamming, they can use this to their advantage. You haven't done anything wrong so don't panic.
Reply 9
Original post by Student786198
Look through their followers - are they real people or do they look more look bots? How many followers do they have?
Also, what exacting are they asking you to do in the message? If they have sent a dodgy link, don't open it but ask for the name of the bait out account. Don't tell them you are pancaking and worried as if they are scamming, they can use this to their advantage. You haven't done anything wrong so don't panic.

They’re 100% a legit account, all real followers , average amount, lots of likes, old pictures etc and they haven’t sent any link or asked me to do anything
is the baitout page on instagram too, if it is then ask what it's called or see if they're following it? :/
Original post by mstickbug
is the baitout page on instagram too, if it is then ask what it's called or see if they're following it? :/

I asked but they’ve not replied
Original post by Anonymous
They’re 100% a legit account, all real followers , average amount, lots of likes, old pictures etc and they haven’t sent any link or asked me to do anything

It sounds like they are lying then because they haven't shown you any proof. Probably just a windup; block them and don't worry or stress
Okay, as The u

Original post by Student786198
It sounds like they are lying then because they haven't shown you any proof. Probably just a windup; block them and don't worry or stress

Idkkk why it would be a wind up tho. I don’t know them at all or anyone they know
Hi I’ve just had the exact same message and literally freaked out I’m so paranoid now!! Her account is deffo a real account but she hasn’t posted any new posts since 2019 so I think she’s been hacked! I’m still freaking out tho. Her first message said ‘Hey ermmm just letting you know that you’re on that bait out page on snap, report it xx’
Original post by Lilymcguigan
Hi I’ve just had the exact same message and literally freaked out I’m so paranoid now!! Her account is deffo a real account but she hasn’t posted any new posts since 2019 so I think she’s been hacked! I’m still freaking out tho. Her first message said ‘Hey ermmm just letting you know that you’re on that bait out page on snap, report it xx’

I ended up finding out it was a scam bc I found the girl on fb and she said her ig was hacked so don’t worry it’s fake ❤️
Hey- I’ve just had the exact same message and panicking too. I hope it’s a scam
Original post by Amy131091
Hey- I’ve just had the exact same message and panicking too. I hope it’s a scam

It is a scam, don’t worry xx
I’ve just had the exact same thing now!! we have a few mutual friends and I’m so?? As soon as I asked for proof she stopped replying
Original post by Deeeee22
I’ve just had the exact same thing now!! we have a few mutual friends and I’m so?? As soon as I asked for proof she stopped replying

I just got the same message from a random instagram account

Latest

Trending

Trending