The Student Room Group

How to lose weight? From 60 KG to 50KG in 6 months

My cousin is planning her wedding for next year. I want to look slimmer. How can I lose weight fast. I currently am 5'4, 60KG

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You eat in a caloric deficit.
Reply 2
Original post by gtty123
You eat in a caloric deficit

I currently eat 1,000 calories and I weigh 60kg. So I am unsure of how to lose more
Reply 3
Original post by Ella10092
I currently eat 1,000 calories and I weigh 60kg. So I am unsure of how to lose more

Read this - it'll help clarify things a bit better:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6623468&p=90204364#post90204364
Reply 4

1000 calories is really low and not sustainable - what did you use to calculate this?
If you're actually eating just 1000 calories, you will lose weight, unless you have something metabolically wrong. Also, why don't you tone your body? What does 'looking slimmer' mean?
Reply 6
what if you eat 500cal daily ?
Reply 7
Original post by hoshi10

What terrible advice.
Reply 8
Original post by gtty123
What terrible advice.

No its not meant to be advice it was a response question to this. I should've quoted to not make any misunderstanding. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take in only 500cal .

Original post by Ramipril
If you're actually eating just 1000 calories, you will lose weight, unless you have something metabolically wrong. Also, why don't you tone your body? What does 'looking slimmer' mean?
Original post by hoshi10
No its not meant to be advice it was a response question to this. I should've quoted to not make any misunderstanding. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take in only 500cal .

Why did you quote me?
Original post by Ramipril
Why did you quote me?

this
Original post by hoshi10
Original post by hoshi10

Fair enough. But even so, the response is a bit terrible in general. You shouldn't have even said this, realistically.
Original post by gtty123
Fair enough. But even so, the response is a bit terrible in general. You shouldn't have even said this, realistically.

Why ? I simply wanted to know what would happen if you only take in 500 calories a day?
Reply 13
Original post by hoshi10
this

Those are two different users.
(edited 3 years ago)
No it is not. Excess kcalories are the only cause of weight gain.
Original post by hoshi10
Why ? I simply wanted to know what would happen if you only take in 500 calories a day?

No human should ever take that little (unless advised by a doctor). You need food. 500 calories is nothing.
Are you on any medication or suffering from any health issues?
What type of diet and favourite foods do you eat?
How much exercise do you do?
Maybe you’re over consuming calories without realizing it?
My cousin is planning her wedding for next year. I want to look slimmer. How can I lose weight fast. I currently am 5'4, 60KG

Without knowing you or your current lifestyle, I would advise to increase your physical activity level.

Most times (The clients that I've dealt with) just need to get moving more often and increase their metabolism
No

Quick Reply

Latest