The Student Room Group

Welcome to the 2021 Wellbeing Blogs!

Helloooo and Happy 2021!! :woo: So you might be wondering what this new little area is all about :curious:, well let me tell ya.

The 2021 Wellbeing Project is basically about increasing our wellness and wellbeing in all aspects of our lives. There is no particular focus on any one part of life and this is not about New Years Resolutions. Resolutions are often quite negative and associated with being short-lived and you'd probably have given up on them by now. :s-smilie: Instead, we want to focus on promoting our wellbeing throughout the whole year and hopefully beyond too. :dumbells:

So we want you to get involved! Do you have any goals you want to achieve this year? This could be anything from physical, mental, health, hobbies, education-related, family stuff, big goals, little goals, in-between goals... anything! If so, then how about creating a fabulous Wellbeing Blog? :ahee:

It will be your place for you to document your progress, support others with their goals and be supported with yours. There will also be threads around wellbeing, how to achieve different things, as well as general discussions. If you've found a technique or something that works for you and your wellbeing, share it with us in this forum! This is a positive, calming space for us to build each other up. :five:

There will be season-specific discussions appearing throughout the year, and possibly a few challenges too for some healthy competition. :teehee:

In your blog, we'd love to see:
- What your goals are - you have the whole year so feel free to go big!
- Why you want to work on your wellbeing
- Your thoughts/feelings about the year ahead
- Any nominations for others you think might like to make a blog

There is also a little prize of a years' subscription for Headspace for the best blog, and a month's subscription for somebody else... :ninja: You can update as often or as little as you like! Share the highs and the lows and see how you've changed throughout the year.

Our current blogs are...:

DrawTheLine's
BurstingBubbles'
Other_Owl's
parmezanne's
LovelyMrFox's
04MR17's
Sandtrooper's
Umbrellala's
Vapordave's
Aspen Aurelia's
PhoenixLady's
MidnightSymphony's
fish finger fan's
jenerous's

Good luck! :woohoo:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What a great idea! I will have a think about whether to create one. :biggrin:
I might have a go, but I'd need to think about how I would go about it first.
Woohoo! Going to set mine up now :biggrin:
Wow, that would be a perfect idea! I'm starting to work on it. :u:
I'd hope that anyone who reads the blogs reads them wanting to support and encourage the person working on their goals. It's about encouraging others and building each other up, not comparing ourselves against others. It is natural to compare but we want to make the focus on support and positivity. This project definitely doesn't have the aim of making people feel bad about themselves and I hope nobody does! If somebody does find it tricky to read about other people's progress or achievements, then I would recommend for them to avoid popping into these blogs for their own mental health. There's something for everyone on this site :yep:
mine's up - I seem to have a problem for my TSR where I can't see if people comment on threads I've created unless they specifically reply to me, so it's nice that I check back to see if someone's replied and at the same time, remind myself of my monthly mindful goal :yep:
Loving all these blogs coming up so far :bigsmile:
I think having a blog can be kind of theraputic. I started one a few months back which is a parents version of open days, application process,oxford rejection, moving into uni , daughter having covid back in October, and up to present day and lockdown. So its got highs and lows too.
I update it every couple of weeks. Will be doing an another update with all the things we have been encouraging her to do to make lockdown less boring, which shes taken on board. She knows Ive done it and shes read it herself, and likes the layout and that I havent given her user name away, so shes happy with that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Could I enter my blog? - it's an aesthetic kinda blog and I talk about positivity a lot and my experiences and yh hehe
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Could I enter my blog? - it's an aesthetic kinda blog and I talk about positivity a lot and my experiences and yh hehe

We would love for you to create a wellness blog! To keep clarity we'd prefer any wellness blogs to be in the 2021 wellbeing forum so that we don't lose yours or accidentally miss it! If you have any goals or projects on the go for 2021 we'd love to see your progress! :biggrin:
Original post by DrawTheLine
We would love for you to create a wellness blog! To keep clarity we'd prefer any wellness blogs to be in the 2021 wellbeing forum so that we don't lose yours or accidentally miss it! If you have any goals or projects on the go for 2021 we'd love to see your progress! :biggrin:

Ah right thank you!
I've created my wellness blog now - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6893376
Test post, ignore me! :smile:
These blogs are incredible - well done to everyone who's made one so far! I am loving all the support and encouragement!
These blogs are incredible - well done to everyone who's made one so far! I am loving all the support and encouragement!

PRSOM! :hugs:
Reply 15
great idea, thank you!
Helloooo and Happy 2021!! :woo: So you might be wondering what this new little area is all about :curious:, well let me tell ya.

The 2021 Wellbeing Project is basically about increasing our wellness and wellbeing in all aspects of our lives. There is no particular focus on any one part of life and this is not about New Years Resolutions. Resolutions are often quite negative and associated with being short-lived and you'd probably have given up on them by now. :s-smilie: Instead, we want to focus on promoting our wellbeing throughout the whole year and hopefully beyond too. :dumbells:

So we want you to get involved! Do you have any goals you want to achieve this year? This could be anything from physical, mental, health, hobbies, education-related, family stuff, big goals, little goals, in-between goals... anything! If so, then how about creating a fabulous Wellbeing Blog? :ahee:

It will be your place for you to document your progress, support others with their goals and be supported with yours. There will also be threads around wellbeing, how to achieve different things, as well as general discussions. If you've found a technique or something that works for you and your wellbeing, share it with us in this forum! This is a positive, calming space for us to build each other up. :five:

There will be season-specific discussions appearing throughout the year, and possibly a few challenges too for some healthy competition. :teehee:

In your blog, we'd love to see:
- What your goals are - you have the whole year so feel free to go big!
- Why you want to work on your wellbeing
- Your thoughts/feelings about the year ahead
- Any nominations for others you think might like to make a blog

There is also a little prize of a years' subscription for Headspace for the best blog, and a month's subscription for somebody else... :ninja: You can update as often or as little as you like! Share the highs and the lows and see how you've changed throughout the year.

Our current blogs are...:

DrawTheLine's
BurstingBubbles'
Other_Owl's
parmezanne's
LovelyMrFox's
04MR17's
Sandtrooper's
Umbrellala's
Vapordave's
Aspen Aurelia's
PhoenixLady's