The Student Room Group

Weight loss

Hey, I'm 18 and I currently weigh in at 10 stone 10 and I'm 5'7 and I was wondering if someone could give me advice and tips on how to lose atleast 2 stone in time for when I go to university in September.
My main thing I want to lose weight by is going on runs which I did last year but due to personal reasons I stopped and since have gained more then I weighed back then and I just want to be able to feel as comfortable as I did back then when I was about 8 stone and had a flat stomach (Which I definitely don't have now but would like to get back to that stage especially by September).
I hope all that made sense
Original post by Tiffbird
Hey, I'm 18 and I currently weigh in at 10 stone 10 and I'm 5'7 and I was wondering if someone could give me advice and tips on how to lose atleast 2 stone in time for when I go to university in September.
My main thing I want to lose weight by is going on runs which I did last year but due to personal reasons I stopped and since have gained more then I weighed back then and I just want to be able to feel as comfortable as I did back then when I was about 8 stone and had a flat stomach (Which I definitely don't have now but would like to get back to that stage especially by September).

calories in, calories out

during lockdown 1 I tried the Chloe ting 2 week shred challenge and lost 2.5cm on my waist and hips!! so I’d recommend that but the downside is that it can get quite repetitive and the music is terrible. You can also check out Palema Reif on YouTube, she has some great workouts, and some of them are them dance type workouts and I love them as they don’t make you feel like you’re working out and you can vibe to good music!!
For a flat stomach cardio is important, I wouldn’t bother doing loads of ab workouts at the beginning, it will give you a false sense of security, I like going on runs, you burn a ton of fat and get a great sense of achievement once completed, the first one is just the hardest! But of course there are many cardio workouts out there to try.
And of course diet is important the main point is to cut down snacking and try to stay healthy but remember that it’s okay to have some chocolate or crisps, you need to have a reward sometimes!!
Reply 3
Original post by gabriela4
during lockdown 1 I tried the Chloe ting 2 week shred challenge and lost 2.5cm on my waist and hips!! so I’d recommend that but the downside is that it can get quite repetitive and the music is terrible. You can also check out Palema Reif on YouTube, she has some great workouts, and some of them are them dance type workouts and I love them as they don’t make you feel like you’re working out and you can vibe to good music!!
For a flat stomach cardio is important, I wouldn’t bother doing loads of ab workouts at the beginning, it will give you a false sense of security, I like going on runs, you burn a ton of fat and get a great sense of achievement once completed, the first one is just the hardest! But of course there are many cardio workouts out there to try.
And of course diet is important the main point is to cut down snacking and try to stay healthy but remember that it’s okay to have some chocolate or crisps, you need to have a reward sometimes!!

Thank you for all your advice, I'll definitely remember to eat healthier and check out the chloe shred and the workout. I'm sure I'll get somewhere with this advice
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you for all your advice, I'll definitely remember to eat healthier and check out the chloe shred and the workout. I'm sure I'll get somewhere with this advice

no problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest