The Student Room Group

Can I withdraw an application for a maintenance loan at a later date if I apply now?

I'm currently undecided as to which of my choices I want to firm: I can either stay at home and go to Surrey or move out and go to Loughborough or Exeter. If I choose the latter I'll get a maintenance loan however if I decide on the former I won't as being a Muslim I don't want to pay back unnecessary interest. If I apply for my student finance now and choose to get a maintenance loan in case I decide to move out, can I then withdraw my application for it at a later date if I decide to stay at home?
yes you can withdraw the application at any time. the only point at which you will cause problems is when they start sending out payments
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
yes you can withdraw the application at any time. the only point at which you will cause problems is when they start sending out payments

Oh okay that's great, thanks!! When would they traditionally start sending out payments if I were to apply this week?
Original post by ErtugrulBey
Oh okay that's great, thanks!! When would they traditionally start sending out payments if I were to apply this week?

first one is around freshers week
Original post by ErtugrulBey
I'm currently undecided as to which of my choices I want to firm: I can either stay at home and go to Surrey or move out and go to Loughborough or Exeter. If I choose the latter I'll get a maintenance loan however if I decide on the former I won't as being a Muslim I don't want to pay back unnecessary interest. If I apply for my student finance now and choose to get a maintenance loan in case I decide to move out, can I then withdraw my application for it at a later date if I decide to stay at home?

Hi there :smile:

I am not 100% sure if you would be able to withdraw your maintenance application if you decide to stay at home. However, reading the other comments it seems to be fine :smile: I believe the best option would be to contact Student Finance England if you are worried. They can then clarify this for you!

Its good to hear that you may be coming to Surrey, so if you do have any questions about Surrey or university life please let me know!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending