The Student Room Group

He got a notification from tinder

Hey all, I don't much about tinder so wanted to ask this. My bf used to use tinder before we met and when I was with him last week. I saw a notification from tinder, it was push on notification so didn't know whether its a message or other stuff. Does tinder send notification when you are not active and does it also send notification when you uninstalled it? Thanks
No and no
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
No and no

Thanks, what about daily picks that tinder automatically sends you? Do u get that if you are not active or uninstalled it?
Tinder sometimes sends push notifications, but pretty sure its only for those who have been recently active. I'd bring it up to him if I were you. Again, pretty sure it only sends notifications to people who are active :/
Reply 4
Original post by Scarlettseaman1
Tinder sometimes sends push notifications, but pretty sure its only for those who have been recently active. I'd bring it up to him if I were you. Again, pretty sure it only sends notifications to people who are active :/

he will just lie his way out of it.
there's enough room there to do it..

better would be to quickly create a fake profile of the type of girl who he'd be interested in and get on tinder and swipe through some profiles and see if you can find his. if you do swipe on him and see if you match with him. if you match him then it's pretty much confirmed no doubt that he's cheated or trying to cheat on you and can't be trusted.
Original post by GabiAbi84
No and no

Original post by Anonymous
Hey all, I don't much about tinder so wanted to ask this. My bf used to use tinder before we met and when I was with him last week. I saw a notification from tinder, it was push on notification so didn't know whether its a message or other stuff. Does tinder send notification when you are not active and does it also send notification when you uninstalled it? Thanks

it does, it sends you notifications to try and get you to use the app again.

your bf could've had one of those notifications or a match/message, either way, you'll have to ask him if you want to find out.
Reply 6
So he said that he hasn't been on it and removed the app from his phone a while back but still receives notifications but not deleted it! Is that a thing with tinder? What kind of message does it send u trying to get someone on who hasn't used it for a while?
Original post by Gent2324
it does, it sends you notifications to try and get you to use the app again.

your bf could've had one of those notifications or a match/message, either way, you'll have to ask him if you want to find out.

Exactly this. Tinder, Badoo, POF, Bumble, Happn etc etc all of the ones I tried sent me notifications after I stopped using them, to try and encourage me to use them again. Uninstalled 'em when I realised how little I value female attention for its own sake.
So he said that he hasn't been on it and removed the app from his phone a while back but still receives notifications but not deleted it! Is that a thing with tinder? What kind of message does it send u trying to get someone on who hasn't used it for a while?

The app can't send you notifications if you don't have it installed so he's lying to you there and im pretty sure it only sends you notifications if you've been active within the past few days/weeks.
Reply 9
The app can't send you notifications if you don't have it installed so he's lying to you there and im pretty sure it only sends you notifications if you've been active within the past few days/weeks.

This!

If you delete apps it's not there anymore meaning it can't send you notifications or anything.

I've deleted apps in the past because I was getting too much notifications. As soon as you delete them it stops.

The BF seems very low IQ tbh, he could have easily wriggled out of it in a more convincing way. OP is even lower IQ though if she continues to believe him now knowing the above.
So what happens if she does and he, also, created a fake profile to see if his girlfriend was active on Tinder and he sees her phone have a notification? :wink:
Original post by ThatOldGuy
So what happens if she does and he, also, created a fake profile to see if his girlfriend was active on Tinder and he sees her phone have a notification? :wink:

But why did he lie about having tinder uninstalled in the first place?
Original post by cleveranimal56
But why did he lie about having tinder uninstalled in the first place?

I don't know. Ask him. Maybe he doesn't know how to do it. Maybe he's cheating. Maybe he's checking to see if the OP is active on Tinder and installed it. We don't know.
Thanks everyone, I just want to know if tinder sends you notification if you are not active? If I know that then I know for sure he's been looking! I mean he said he has uninstalled it but still gets notifications
Thanks everyone, I just want to know if tinder sends you notification if you are not active? If I know that then I know for sure he's been looking! I mean he said he has uninstalled it but still gets notifications

Like everyone has said-if he has uninstalled the app he CANNOT receive notifications!
no app will send you notifications after you un-install it (unless you installed a malicious app).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending