The Student Room Group

I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice uni

I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice uni how do I go about entering clearing? How does this work
If you are *certain* that you don't want to go to your Firm or Insurance then you withdraw from each individual choice on Track. Do not 'cancel' your application. This means that you will automatically be entered into Clearing on Results Day morning - you can contact Unis about the possibility of a Clearing place in advance - but they cannot accept you until you are literally 'in Clearing'.
Original post by LS003
I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice uni how do I go about entering clearing? How does this work

I would wait until just before results day in case you change your mind. See above post for how to enter clearing.
Original post by LS003

Ring up ucas on Monday morning. Explain that you want to “swap my replies” and that you want to change all your replies to declines so that you can enter clearing.

They’ll explain if they can do it for you or if you need to ring your firm/insurance university to get their agreement.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice guys
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
If you are *certain* that you don't want to go to your Firm or Insurance then you withdraw from each individual choice on Track. Do not 'cancel' your application. This means that you will automatically be entered into Clearing on Results Day morning - you can contact Unis about the possibility of a Clearing place in advance - but they cannot accept you until you are literally 'in Clearing'.

where would this decline button be I’m not going to do it yet but just so I know
Original post by LS003
where would this decline button be I’m not going to do it yet but just so I know

The “decline my place” button only appears once you have an unconditional firm choice on track.

If you go into a choice then you might have the option to “withdraw this choice” but iirr that option is taken away once you pick a firm and insurance.
Original post by LS003

It’ll appear on Track in and around results day.

If you want to decline your offers before then, (only up until the 23rd of July), you will need to call UCAS as above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending