The Student Room Group

I changed my mind I want to go to my insurance uni

So I want to go to my insurance but I am worried that my insurance uni won’t let me in. I don’t want to go to my firm. What do I do I tried to call ucas but it took them long to answer so I hanged up.
I think if both your firm & insurance agree to it you can swap them (although its so late in the process idk if this is time limited).
@Admit-One
@PQ
Reply 2
i also had this problem but it was an easy fix for me (:

1. call or email your insurance choice first to make sure they're happy to allow you to make them your first choice (highly likely they'll be fine with it) and they'll give ucas their permission to change it
2. call or email your firm choice and explain the situation to them so that they can also give permission to ucas to either swap your firm and insurance choice or get out of your firm choice entirely
3. call ucas to confirm you definitely want to make these changes -- they'll ask you a few security questions and then they'll sort it out for you within 24 hours (you might be on hold for a while but they'll definitely pick up at some point,, it took abt 20 mins for me)

hope this helps !! should also say that it's a million times easier to call than email bc it forces them to sort it out for you faster lol
You have to sort this out TODAY or you'll be waiting for results day.

Ring UCAS and don't hang up until they answer. They'll let you know if you need to get the OK from any of your universities.
Original post by hrtpjm

1. call or email your insurance choice first to make sure they're happy to allow you to make them your first choice (highly likely they'll be fine with it) and they'll give ucas their permission to change it
2. call or email your firm choice and explain the situation to them so that they can also give permission to ucas to either swap your firm and insurance choice or get out of your firm choice entirely
3. call ucas to confirm you definitely want to make these changes -- they'll ask you a few security questions and then they'll sort it out for you within 24 hours (you might be on hold for a while but they'll definitely pick up at some point,, it took abt 20 mins for me)

hope this helps !! should also say that it's a million times easier to call than email bc it forces them to sort it out for you faster lol

most universities now give UCAS blanket agreement to all reply swaps so it's now better/quicker to start with UCAS (especially if like the OP you're trying to sort this out on the final day for reply swaps to go through)
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
most universities now give UCAS blanket agreement to all reply swaps so it's now better/quicker to start with UCAS (especially if like the OP you're trying to sort this out on the final day for reply swaps to go through)

i didn't know that,, op get it done asap !!
Original post by mnot
I think if both your firm & insurance agree to it you can swap them (although its so late in the process idk if this is time limited).
@Admit-One
@PQ

As above, today is actually the last day that a reply swap is possible. The OP should definitely follow PQ's advice!

For reference, (section 'Changed your mind about your replies?'):

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application
Reply 7
Original post by hrtpjm

Thank you I am literally
Reply 8
UPDATE I changed it thank god I changed my insurance to firm. THaNk YOU everyone
Original post by han1all
UPDATE I changed it thank god I changed my insurance to firm. THaNk YOU everyone

well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending