The Student Room Group

Online friendship

Does Online friends really exist ? can you tell me your experience and how long it lasts ?
I mean, I have an online friend, but the original intention was a relationship. We've been talking since January but our banter has died down a little...
Reply 2
I made a friend in 2013 on ps3. We used to play call of duty black ops 2 together for like a straight 2 years then we exchanged socials then we first met in 2015. He lived like 30 mins away from me. We went football together and stuff. We’ve been friends since and in 2018 I was doing a part time job and I told him about it and we’ve been doing it together for a year. So as you can tell they do exist. I wouldn’t try to look for online friends tho. If you make a good connection with someone start following each other on social media. Then it just kicks on from there
Original post by urlocalinmate
I mean, I have an online friend, but the original intention was a relationship. We've been talking since January but our banter has died down a little...

Do she feel the same as u ?

Did u confess to her ?
Reply 4
Original post by Alexis55
Does Online friends really exist ? can you tell me your experience and how long it lasts ?

Yea, I used to have loads of online friends I played with years ago on Xbox.
Original post by Flxmz
I made a friend in 2013 on ps3. We used to play call of duty black ops 2 together for like a straight 2 years then we exchanged socials then we first met in 2015. He lived like 30 mins away from me. We went football together and stuff. We’ve been friends since and in 2018 I was doing a part time job and I told him about it and we’ve been doing it together for a year. So as you can tell they do exist. I wouldn’t try to look for online friends tho. If you make a good connection with someone start following each other on social media. Then it just kicks on from there

The time change and the ppl change as well ,I have tried many times to make friends online but all they do is ignoring and making less efforts ,,,, congrets for finding one :smile:
Do she feel the same as u ?

Did u confess to her ?

Nope and nope, after we saw what we looked like lol...
Original post by lx_xl
Yea, I used to have loads of online friends I played with years ago on Xbox.

Re u still in touch with them?
Yeah I guess they can work. I personally don't have any strong online friendships but I have a good friend in Hong Kong and we work together more than anything.

She refused you or you didnt like her ?
Original post by Qxi.xli
Yeah I guess they can work. I personally don't have any strong online friendships but I have a good friend in Hong Kong and we work together more than anything.

Is it new friend ,or you have been in touch more than a year ?
She refused you or you didnt like her ?

We didn't even talk about it at the time. Just showed our faces and went along with it. She said she had a crush on me at the start though, before she saw what I looked like, same with me tbh. Online relationships can work, but not for everyone. Friends are harder to maintain.
I'm usually not great at making friends online, but I joined TSR 2 years ago (started using seriously one year ago) and I've connected with lots of great people. I've been PMing a user from here for about a year on and off, and would consider them a friend.
We didn't even talk about it at the time. Just showed our faces and went along with it. She said she had a crush on me at the start though, before she saw what I looked like, same with me tbh. Online relationships can work, but not for everyone. Friends are harder to maintain.

Best luck next time :wink:
Original post by Vapordave
I'm usually not great at making friends online, but I joined TSR 2 years ago (started using seriously one year ago) and I've connected with lots of great people. I've been PMing a user from here for about a year on and off, and would consider them a friend.

Happy to hear that
Hope the best for you :smile:
Reply 15

who says romance is dead
Original post by demiross
who says romance is dead

I'll never understand the concept of romance.
Original post by username5809044
Is it new friend ,or you have been in touch more than a year ?

Relatively new (a couple months). But i've known people online for more than a year, but I wouldn't exactly call them my friends. Strong acquaintances is a more accurate description.

A friend isn't about you've known the longest. It's about who walked into you're life, said "I'm here for you" and actually proved it.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending