The Student Room Group

To the straight guys out there…

Have you ever had a guy say they like you? What did you do in this situation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

I'm straight and I've had a few guys either say, act or hint that they like me.... and TBH, as long as they respect the fact that I'm straight, it doesn't really bother me in the least. In fact, knowing how picky gay guys can be it's kind of a compliment lol. If it's just eye contact, I'd try and ignore it, but if they were to actually approach me, I'd just politely tell them I'm straight. There's only one guy I can remember, who really made me uncomfortable.

IMHO, if you're a "Chad" or a "Pretty boy", you have to accept that you're going to have the odd guy liking you... in exactly the same / equivalent way that if a young woman wants to dress in a "sexy" way, as well as the cute guys, she's going to get some of the less desirable types (e.g. the lairy builders, the Dirty old men, those who are jus downright weird / creepy etc.).

Unfortunately, you can't really pick and choose who does / doesn't find you attractive. So regardless of whether you're a guy or a girl, the question you have to ask yourself is whether or not the attention from the desired target is worth putting up with the types you'd rather not have.

EDIT:- Just wanted to add, that I don't mind as long as there's way more girls who find me attractive. I would expect for every 10 girls who like me, one guy would, as that's in line with the estimated 10% of people who are LGBTQ.

I'd be far more concerned if, say, I was attracting nearly as many guys (or more) as I do girls... as that would suggest I'm doing something specific that attracts guys.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes - I took it as a compliment and responded with the useful clarification that I am indeed straight but otherwise I am happy to hear this
Yes, I've had guys tell me they love me and quite a few have commented on my striking good looks. It's rather flattering really.
Reply 4
Yo, did your boy best friend break up with you?
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Hi,

I'm straight and I've had a few guys either say, act or hint that they like me.... and TBH, as long as they respect the fact that I'm straight, it doesn't really bother me in the least. In fact, knowing how picky gay guys can be it's kind of a compliment lol. If it's just eye contact, I'd try and ignore it, but if they were to actually approach me, I'd just politely tell them I'm straight. There's only one guy I can remember, who really made me uncomfortable.

IMHO, if you're a "Chad" or a "Pretty boy", you have to accept that you're going to have the odd guy liking you... in exactly the same / equivalent way that if a young woman wants to dress in a "sexy" way, as well as the cute guys, she's going to get some of the less desirable types (e.g. the lairy builders, the Dirty old men, those who are jus downright weird / creepy etc.).

Unfortunately, you can't really pick and choose who does / doesn't find you attractive. So regardless of whether you're a guy or a girl, the question you have to ask yourself is whether or not the attention from the desired target is worth putting up with the types you'd rather not have.

EDIT:- Just wanted to add, that I don't mind as long as there's way more girls who find me attractive. I would expect for every 10 girls who like me, one guy would, as that's in line with the estimated 10% of people who are LGBTQ.

I'd be far more concerned if, say, I was attracting nearly as many guys (or more) as I do girls... as that would suggest I'm doing something specific that attracts guys.

so which are you, the pretty boy or the chad?
Reply 6

a man acted like he wanted to rape me in a public toilets once. does that count?
Reply 7
Original post by NIK021
Yo, did your boy best friend break up with you?

Actually I had a guy at work move to me talking about how handsome I was (even said that I should have him be my first - ew) and I had to politely say I was straight.
Reply 8
Actually I had a guy at work move to me talking about how handsome I was (even said that I should have him be my first - ew) and I had to politely say I was straight.

Are you okay now? or still is there anything bothering you?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
It was quite an unnerving experience...

I remember at the time it was half term, and thinking to myself there was a teenager in here instead of me this guy probably would have been able to have his way .....as he was really trying to intimidate me
nope. However, I did know someone who was gay in my old class and he kept on staring at me.

What did I do? Nothing really.

I just treated him as I would any other person. If he was to approach me, and confess his feelings, I’d probably decline the offer.

I’d notice he’d be absolutely flattered/ excessive smiling whenever I talked to him though so that kind of made me uncomfortable............ but didn’t think too much of it...
Reply 11
Original post by CaptainDuckie
nope. However, I did know someone who was gay in my old class and he kept on staring at me.

What did I do? Nothing really.

I just treated him as I would any other person. If he was to approach me, and confess his feelings, I’d probably decline the offer.

I’d notice he’d be absolutely flattered/ excessive smiling whenever I talked to him though so that kind of made me uncomfortable............ but didn’t think too much of it...

When did this happened, I suggest you to speak these events with your parents. That's the best option you can do right now.
Original post by NIK021
When did this happened, I suggest you to speak these events with your parents. That's the best option you can do right now.

nah, it’s all good. Dw.
Reply 13
initially i was at the urinals doing my thing ..and he was using a urinal a couple of spaces away and i could see him keep turning to look at my penis. so i started trying to cover up, and he started to look more. next he started masturbating whilst looking at me and closing his eyes at times like he was imagining doing stuff to me. he then realised i was looking uncomfortable a predatory look came over his face and he legit looked like he was going to go for me. i gave him a stern look back and did not allow him to intimidate me. my fist was also clenched. eventually he saw that he would have a battle on his hands and stopped trying so hard to intimidate me.

at that point i zipped my flies up and left having not finished urinating..
(edited 2 years ago)

while technically i should have been flattered, i felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable, like being violated even though it is not fair to him to say he violated me in any way, just how i felt. would be the exact same for a girl i was not attracted to. i would just grin and say as little as possible.
Oh yh I remembered there was one time a guy legit got off the bus to follow me and I turned back and he was staring at me while groping himself aggressively. Thankfully he didn’t follow me further but I was so shocked.
Reply 16
Yes

Not a big deal, just the same as a woman saying it, and I deal with it in the same way - that's very sweet but I'm afraid I'm not interested
Yeah, a few times. I was having a pretty heated argument in a pub about Alien Covenant, and a guy came up behind me and said 'I've been watching you all night, you are really beautiful'. He then hugged me and asked if I had a boyfriend. He refused to believe that I wasn't gay and wouldn't leave until he got my number. Told him my friend was gay (he wasn't) and that he should ask him out instead. He called my friend fat and then offered me his scarf for some reason. Left after I gave him a fake number. I was flattered/amused.
Original post by most_cleverest
so which are you, the pretty boy or the chad?

Neither mate... I don't conform to societies boxes, I'm Old Skool Freak one and only, original :p:cool::u:

Nah, seriously, I've got the smile and good facial symmetry... but I think I'm probably too old now to be considered a pretty boy per se. On the other hand, I've got an athletic build (including two tickets to the gun show, and abs)... but I don't think I'm big enough (both in terms of height and bulk) to officially obtain "Chad" status (although I do know and train with a lot of them)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending