The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A10L 2022 Entry (Nottingham at Lincoln)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GANFYD
So far, there are 2719 people with a B1. Scale that up to the projected 36,996 people projected to sit by the end of the cycle and there will be about 6000 people with a B1.
But it depends if people have spotted the advantage a B1 gives them and their other stats. I based my back-of-a-fag-packet calculation on what was needed last year, but a change in shortlisting process can drastically change the cohort who apply

Thanks for this insight GANFYD -didnt really think of it like that before. Also, do you know how scoring worked last year? I've gone through last years thread and it seem to be out of 56 but i dont know how?
Hey, does anyone have an idea of past interview/offer ratios? I've had a look online and can't seem to find anything
Original post by Spoondangler
Hey, does anyone have an idea of past interview/offer ratios? I've had a look online and can't seem to find anything

I asked this question on the open day. They said they don't have any past data but it would be 1 out of 3 ish. :wink: EJ
Original post by jellyfish_3
I asked this question on the open day. They said they don't have any past data but it would be 1 out of 3 ish. :wink: EJ

Ahh ok thx a lot
What was the point cut off for Lincoln medicine foundation year course for 2021? Thank you
what was the cut off for licoln medicne standard 5 years please and how did the pint system work please, cant find it on their site as point system has changed!
Reply 46
Is anybody here applying for a10L as a graduate applicant? (Degree achieved)?
Original post by Cheahr
Is anybody here applying for a10L as a graduate applicant? (Degree achieved)?

I'm planning to
Reply 48
Original post by Wolfram99
I'm planning to

Mind me to discuss about the scoring system? How should we calculate our scoring? My SJT was at band 2. Ucat points reached 40. How are they going to us our only-ucat score to shortlist?
Initially I was interested on Lincoln but my SJT band 2 and low VR (540 only) put me off a bit now.
Original post by Cheahr
Mind me to discuss about the scoring system? How should we calculate our scoring? My SJT was at band 2. Ucat points reached 40. How are they going to us our only-ucat score to shortlist?
Initially I was interested on Lincoln but my SJT band 2 and low VR (540 only) put me off a bit now.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe that they use our UCAT only to compare grads/undergrads separately to school leavers. Tbh, I also have a band 2 and a low VR so I'm not really sure if this is ideal. They changed their scoring system from last year so I don't have any idea of what the cut off might be either :/

In terms of how to calculate your score, there should be a table on the website you can use to calculate your total from your ucat subsection scores + SJT
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 50
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe that they use our UCAT only to compare grads/undergrads separately to school leavers. Tbh, I also have a band 2 and a low VR so I'm not really sure if this is ideal. They changed their scoring system from last year so I don't have any idea of what the cut off might be either :/

In terms of how to calculate your score, there should be a table on the website you can use to calculate your total from your ucat subsection scores + SJT

Alright, I have calculated mine and not really sure how is it likely for me to get an interview there.
So do I need to calculate my long-while-ago gcse? Which was not taken in the UK though.
Original post by Cheahr
Alright, I have calculated mine and not really sure how is it likely for me to get an interview there.
So do I need to calculate my long-while-ago gcse? Which was not taken in the UK though.

No you don't score your GCSEs
Reply 52
No you don't score your GCSEs

Alright.
My ucat overall score is 85 (40 from ucat subsection and 45 from SJT). Out of the 40, myVR was only 540 so the score is going to be 6 x 2= 12.

What do you guys think about my chance here?
Does any one have the FOI from Lincoln a10L?
Reply 53
Original post by Cheahr
Alright.
My ucat overall score is 85 (40 from ucat subsection and 45 from SJT). Out of the 40, myVR was only 540 so the score is going to be 6 x 2= 12.

What do you guys think about my chance here?
Does any one have the FOI from Lincoln a10L?

Anyone has any feedbacks on this please?

So the total ucat scoring for Lincoln a10L will be 120 (60+60 SJT). Mine is only 85 which I am not sure whether this is a competitive score?

Lincoln replied me but it doesn’t tell any values or cut off as it completely down to the cohort in each group in each year:

Only UCAT results are considered during the selection process for students who are applying without standard GCSE grades. Applications considered in this way are not disadvantaged at all. The academic ability of applicants who have not taken GCSEs is assessed differently by looking at equivalent levels of attainment. These applicants are split into different assessment groups where only their UCAT is scored. Those taken forward to interview in these groups will be proportionally the same as the main GCSE group. No one group will be placed at an advantage over another.
As you won’t be considered against those in a different position to yourself, not having GCSEs will not disadvantage you during the process.’
Reply 54
I get 131 for Nottingham / Lincoln. Guessing this is safe for Lincoln/ on the cusp for Nottingham.
Hey guys do you think 121 is too low for Nottingham but okay for Lincoln I’m getting kind of confused lol
I’m a little confused about how the Lincoln course works. I’ve looked online and I know it’s fully accredited by GMC and the degree is given by Nottingham, but how does the teaching work? Is it like a collaboration between Nottingham and Lincoln like HYMS where the lectures are streamed live depending on where they’re occurring?
Also, what are the advantages of Lincoln over Nottingham, or even just what are the differences between the courses?
Thanks.
Good Afternoon,

Am I right in thinking this is for our medicine degree?
Would love to assist and give you some more information about our course, you can always email [email protected] for general questions or [email protected] for admissions/entry requirement information as well:smile:
Thank you
Harriet
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Good Afternoon,

Am I right in thinking this is for our medicine degree?
Would love to assist and give you some more information about our course, you can always email [email protected] for general questions or [email protected] for admissions/entry requirement information as well:smile:
Thank you
Harriet
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student

Yes for the medicine course :O)
Thank you.
Reply 59
hiya!
i am a reapplicant to medicine and im on a gap year and would just like some advice on where to apply for 2022 entry

my gcse's are the following :
6 9's - Bio,Chem,History, Georgraphy, Religious Studies and English Literature.
2 7's - English Language & Maths
2 6's - Physics and Spanish.

my a- levels are :
Biology - A
Psychology - A
Chemistry - B( CAG 2020) A (after resist in 2021 as I did the autumn exam in 2020 which counts as a first sit and got a B in it.)

UCAT is as follows
Total Score - 2420
VR- 640
DM -620
QR - 620
AR - 540
SJT - Band 1

I have calculated my score to be 127, should I apply to lincoln or nottingham????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending