The Student Room Group

Transferring uni

Hi,

So I've recently started first year of uni and I've been at my new uni for a couple of days but I found that I would like to transfer uni's to a uni in my hometown instead. I was wondering would this still get possible or would I have to finish my first year off first?
You can ask the universities you’re interested in.
You have only been there a couple of days...... give it a chance.
Original post by AggaD
Hi,

So I've recently started first year of uni and I've been at my new uni for a couple of days but I found that I would like to transfer uni's to a uni in my hometown instead. I was wondering would this still get possible or would I have to finish my first year off first?

might be just anxiety being at a new place u should try for a few more days but if it is really affecting you priories ur mental and speak to a uni counsellor bc they can help transfer u to a uni closer to home due to mental health reasons :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
might be just anxiety being at a new place u should try for a few more days but if it is really affecting you priories ur mental and speak to a uni counsellor bc they can help transfer u to a uni closer to home due to mental health reasons :smile:

*affecting your mental health
*affecting your mental health

lol sorry I meant if it is really affecting you then prioritise your mental health
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
You can ask the universities you’re interested in.

I contacted the university and I'm pretty much just awaiting to hear from them. Do you happen to know the deadline for transferring by any chance?
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
You have only been there a couple of days...... give it a chance.

Yh I want to give it a chance but I also just want to plan beforehand if I find that this place isn't for me, so I just wanted to know when would be the latest for me to transfer by so I could spend a few more days or weeks here before I make the decision.
Reply 8

I do like it here but most of the time I just feel like I'm acting like someone who im not and I'm finding that it is starting to affect my mental health cause I really can't sleep at night and I'm barely eating as well. But I do want to see if this changes before I decide to leave. And plus I also found out that most of my lectures and webinars are online so paying for student accommodation just feels like it's not worth it .
Original post by AggaD
I contacted the university and I'm pretty much just awaiting to hear from them. Do you happen to know the deadline for transferring by any chance?

Ring them up and get an instant answer.

The deadline depends on if you’re wanting to switch for the current academic year or for 2022 entry and when their terms dates are (and any flexibility they have for students to start a little late)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending