The Student Room Group

People of faith, what is your fave verse of scripture?

Here's mine:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
I have two.

""For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power, love and self-control."
2 Timothy 1:7
(World English Bible translation version).

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13
(New International bible translation version).
'The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. '
Psalms 23:1-3

'Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. '
Psalms 119:105
Original post by NJA
Here's mine:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

“'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. '” Jeremiah 29:11.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9.
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you" - Ezekiel 25:17 :smile:
“For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
**Jeremiah‬ *29:11‬ *AMP‬‬
Original post by MissHokage
“For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

hey, we have the same fav verse haha!
Reply 7
Original post by MissHokage

thanks for beating me. reported :slap:
‘Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear’ - Surah Bakrah Verse 286
Original post by _itstomz_
hey, we have the same fav verse haha!

😁

Original post by Joleee
thanks for beating me. reported :slap:

Lol it's good to know it's a loved verse
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4 / the valley of the shadow of death
Psalm 119:9-16 (or 118 in the Bible I use) is something that's always stuck with me.
By what doth a young man correct his way? by observing thy words. With my whole heart have I sought after thee: let me not stray from thy commandments. Thy words have I hidden in my heart, that I may not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy justifications. With my lips I have pronounced all the judgments of thy mouth. I have been delighted in the way of thy testimonies, as in all riches. I will meditate on thy commandments: and I will consider thy ways. I will think of thy justifications: I will not forget thy words.
Reply 12
Original post by kwame88
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4 / the valley of the shadow of death

The rod is authority given to believers, the staff is a strength to kean on, like a walking stick if you find you ate weak
Original post by NJA
The rod is authority given to believers, the staff is a strength to kean on, like a walking stick if you find you ate weak

Indeed, love the verse alot.
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul, He leads me in right paths for his name’s sake"

Psalm 23: 1-3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending