The Student Room Group

My nurse "abandoned" my smear, said it's because I'm a virgin

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laura Holes
I'm 32 years old, and I've just received a letter for a smear test and my partner and I haven't been sexually active because I live with my Dad and my brother in Carlisle and my partner lives in Skegness and I'm now engaged to my partner after he got down on to one knee to marry him which is very exhallent news. I've been to have a smear test last year and I didn't evenly like it and it was also really painful and I was thinking maybe I shouldn't have one. What should I do?

You should keep having them. A few minutes of discomfort every few years is better than getting cervical cancer.
Really I'm only a virgin that hasn't been sexually active before with my partner and I've only been reading on the internet that virgin's isn't aloud to have a smear test and my engagement is only about 4 years and I think I shall wait for when I'm sexually active which is very best save some of the discomfort off and virgin's do have rig
What I was supposed to say virgin's do have rights.
Really I'm only a virgin that hasn't been sexually active before with my partner and I've only been reading on the internet that virgin's isn't aloud to have a smear test and my engagement is only about 4 years and I think I shall wait for when I'm sexually active which is very best save some of the discomfort off and virgin's do have rig

If you have never been sexually active, then you don't need to have smears. I was told you need to start having them a year after you start having sex.
That's why I've been sent this smear test letter through the post during the weekend and I think that it isn't fair on a virgin having a smear test letter coming through the post and only thing is my partner and I only been kissing each other on lips without doing sexual activie stuff and I was only thinking about giving my practice a call to get myself off the invention list for smear test which I was thinking about.
That's why I've been sent this smear test letter through the post during the weekend and I think that it isn't fair on a virgin having a smear test letter coming through the post and only thing is my partner and I only been kissing each other on lips without doing sexual activie stuff and I was only thinking about giving my practice a call to get myself off the invention list for smear test which I was thinking about.

Is not unfair. It is a national system and they have no idea whether you are a virgin or not, they just send the invitation letter to anyone of the appropriate age.
I agree and I think it would be best for me to stop my invitation for a smear test coming through the post I'm also going to wait for 4 years for my and my partner's wedding and then I'll make sure to get myself back on the smear test list which is a plan for me.

Quick Reply

Latest