The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 789S 2022 entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for University of Liverpool 789S .

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Liverpool.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the University of Liverpool 789S (Foundation to Heath and Veterinary Studies (Medicine) Year 0) 2022 Entry Discussion.

Liverpool 789S 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560738

Liverpool 789S 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022572

For general information click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/foundation-to-health-studies-year-0/overview/

For entry requirements click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/foundation-to-health-studies-year-0/entry-requirements/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hellooooo! I guess I’m the first one here! Just wanted to know, after year 0 are students required to take the UCAT to proceed to year 1?
Reply 2
Original post by GDMFutureMed8
Hellooooo! I guess I’m the first one here! Just wanted to know, after year 0 are students required to take the UCAT to proceed to year 1?

Hi! I think I read somewhere that year 0 students don't have to, but could be wrong. Have you applied for 2022?😊
Original post by AutumnBb
Hi! I think I read somewhere that year 0 students don't have to, but could be wrong. Have you applied for 2022?😊

Yes I have! Have you applied? If so is this your first time?
Reply 4
Hi yes I have too, this is my first time applying. When do you think we will hear back?
Hi yes I have too, this is my first time applying. When do you think we will hear back?

Well the deadline for 789s is in January. So we still have a long time. Maybe in Feb.22. I’m not too sure as this is my first year applying.
Reply 6
We still have quite a wait, but time flies.. Good luck!
We still have quite a wait, but time flies.. Good luck!

Good luck to you too and with any other applications!!
Hello, I got an interview offer for the University of Liverpool 789s. I wanted to know if their interviews were same as standard entry interviews or completely different? How does one prepare for them
Hi @AutumnBb any news from the university of Liverpool?
hi @GDMFUTUREMED8, Congratulations on getting an interview and good luck! I have mine too on the 22nd. I've been reading through previous threads and it's hard to tell what kind of preparation we need to do.☺️
the university website does not say much at all. I checked the Medical School Council website and it says semi-structured panel interviews / 20mins. It does not tell us if it will be academic or non-academic etc.
hi @GDMFUTUREMED8, Congratulations on getting an interview and good luck! I have mine too on the 22nd. I've been reading through previous threads and it's hard to tell what kind of preparation we need to do.☺️

Congratulations! Mine is on the 22nd as well! I am just preparing as if it were a standard entry medical school interview. What about you?
I'm doing the same, just hope everything goes well!
Oops my bad! @AutumnBb never mind.
I am still awaiting to hear an outcome. Are interview invites sent in batches?

I phoned the admissions team yesterday and the person I spoke to indicated that I met the eligibility criteria and that my application was sitting with an admissions tutor to review the personal statement etc.

I am naturally mindful of the imminence of the first round of interviews and the impact of the upcoming bank holiday weekend.

I am crossing everything I have for some good news.
Original post by MMMed1993
I am still awaiting to hear an outcome. Are interview invites sent in batches?

I phoned the admissions team yesterday and the person I spoke to indicated that I met the eligibility criteria and that my application was sitting with an admissions tutor to review the personal statement etc.

I am naturally mindful of the imminence of the first round of interviews and the impact of the upcoming bank holiday weekend.

I am crossing everything I have for some good news.

I am not sure to be very honest but I do know that they have until the 19th of May to get back to you with a response. I am wishing you all the best and hopefully you hear back from them before the end of the week.
@AutumnBb how did the interview go? I finished mine a few hours ago :smile:
Hi @GDMFUTUREMED8, it's difficult to tell.. a couple of the questions caught me by surprise, how did yours go? It seems as though we have to wait a few weeks for the outcome.
Hi @GDMFUTUREMED8, it's difficult to tell.. a couple of the questions caught me by surprise, how did yours go? It seems as though we have to wait a few weeks for the outcome.

@AutumnBb same! A couple of questions I was like “….” LOL but I am sure we both did fine. I am stressing over the wait i just want this marathon to be over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending