The Student Room Group

Profession relationships

Do you think relationships where you are in the same profession as your partner can work out.

I'm studying at university to become a primary school teacher and I really like someone on my course. I think think that is she may like me back so just wondering if people think same career relationships work out. Not the same workplace necessarily but same profession?

Scroll to see replies

Why would it not work? my parents are both engineers and they've been married for 21 years and made that work...
Reply 2
There’s no reason why it shouldn’t - it’s down to the people not the profession (in most cases).
Reply 3
Original post by summerbirdreads
Why would it not work? my parents are both engineers and they've been married for 21 years and made that work...

I mean well maybe they don't like thry may argue over things how tp structure things and such. This is only hypothetical. Great to hear about your parents though.

Does he know how to strum up the steel cables in his steel suspension bridge for her to ride her automobile over?
Original post by Anonymous
I mean well maybe they don't like thry may argue over things how tp structure things and such. This is only hypothetical. Great to hear about your parents though.

I mean they argue about stupid **** all the time but I don't care or pay attention
Original post by Callicious
Does he know how to strum up the steel cables in his steel suspension bridge for her to ride her automobile over?

Do you want to ask him?
Yes.
Police officers, politicians and stem professionals are often most compatible in relationships with each other.
Do you want to ask him?

oh christ
oh christ

Not his name....
I can tell you really like this person !!! I think you are over thinking it just go with the flow there is no reason why it shouldn’t work in my opinion it’s amazing it just means you have 1 more thing in common and this could even work for the better on both sides.
Do you want to ask him?

If you don't tell us his reaction then I'll assume that you died
(edited 2 years ago)
Not his name....

Yes. Ask him what I asked, in my exact words.
Original post by hungrysalamander
If you don't tell us his reaction then I'll assume that you died

@Callicious is asking... not me.... I'll record the reaction though.
Yes. Ask him what I asked, in my exact words.

I can't... what if he goes out to get the milk?
(edited 2 years ago)

Wouldnt the better question to ask be that if they know how to share moments together with a spanner? We love those moments, oh and also the couple. Don’t forget the couple.
I can't... what if he goes out to get the milk?

Why would lactation be involved..

Original post by 0ptics
Wouldnt the better question to ask be that if they know how to share moments together with a spanner? We love those moments, oh and also the couple. Don’t forget the couple.

Spanner? I hardly know her! :biggrin:
Original post by 0ptics

So when are you and Callicious coming around... I have to be prepared with a camera and an armour.
Reply 18
I met my wife at work. My daughter met her partner of 5 years at Uni and they're now in the same profession. All good so far 😁
I mean they argue about stupid **** all the time but I don't care or pay attention

Fair enough at least they're still together happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending