The Student Room Group

BTEC - my college messed up, need help

Hi,

I was under the impression this whole time i was signed up for a Btec level 3 business national extended diploma. I switched colleges mid way through the first year because the people in my class was picking on me and I didn’t known anyone there. When I first joined the new college (first year of January), my tutor said I didn’t have to worry about the exams that the rest of the class was taking (unit 2 & 3); and instead to do the assignments 1 & 4 (which I did) - and I can take the other exams in my second year. Second year comes around and we’re doing an exam for unit 6 & 7 this January. Since my Tutor didn’t say anything about unit 2&3, I assumed the exams will be around summer time. I checked the Pearson’s exam timetable and there’s no business exams this summer for unit 2&3 (instead the exams are this Coming January). On top of that, I just found out that it’s not a Btec level 3 national extended diploma that I’m doing but instead just a Btec level 3 diploma.

I don’t know what to do and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Furthermore, is it possible if I can do the 2 external exams (unit 2&3) at another college and do 4 additional optional internal units in addition to the units i would have completed this year (7) to get the extended diploma

Context:
National extended diploma = 7 mandatory units (4 of which is external exams) + 6 optional internal assessments

I’ve done 2 optional Units + 5 of the mandatory units (the two I’m missing is unit 2&3, which are exams which i was supposed to take first year)

I need to do 4 more optional units on top of the two exams I was meant to do in the first year (unit 2&3) to get national extended diploma

Is it possible if I can do the 4 optional units and sit the two exams (unit 2&3) all in one year and get the national extended diploma instead?

Thank you
Original post by RebeccaAskin
Hi,

I was under the impression this whole time i was signed up for a Btec level 3 business national extended diploma. I switched colleges mid way through the first year because the people in my class was picking on me and I didn’t known anyone there. When I first joined the new college (first year of January), my tutor said I didn’t have to worry about the exams that the rest of the class was taking (unit 2 & 3); and instead to do the assignments 1 & 4 (which I did) - and I can take the other exams in my second year. Second year comes around and we’re doing an exam for unit 6 & 7 this January. Since my Tutor didn’t say anything about unit 2&3, I assumed the exams will be around summer time. I checked the Pearson’s exam timetable and there’s no business exams this summer for unit 2&3 (instead the exams are this Coming January). On top of that, I just found out that it’s not a Btec level 3 national extended diploma that I’m doing but instead just a Btec level 3 diploma.

I don’t know what to do and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Furthermore, is it possible if I can do the 2 external exams (unit 2&3) at another college and do 4 additional optional internal units in addition to the units i would have completed this year (7) to get the extended diploma

Context:
National extended diploma = 7 mandatory units (4 of which is external exams) + 6 optional internal assessments

I’ve done 2 optional Units + 5 of the mandatory units (the two I’m missing is unit 2&3, which are exams which i was supposed to take first year)

I need to do 4 more optional units on top of the two exams I was meant to do in the first year (unit 2&3) to get national extended diploma

Is it possible if I can do the 4 optional units and sit the two exams (unit 2&3) all in one year and get the national extended diploma instead?

Thank you

Firstly, exams are happening in the Summer. Unit 2 is on the 10th May (Part A on 9th) and Unit 3 is on the 19th May.
The Diploma is the first year and the Extended a second year so if you have completed all of the internal units at your last college, you will need to complete this years units plus the 4 exams. You will need to clarify exactly what you are doing with and your tutor and see if you will be able to do this. (this is why colleges dont like learners transferring in and out)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending