The Student Room Group

Question for women

Does height actually matter to women when dating a guy?

Scroll to see replies

it isn’t the be all and end all for me. i’d prefer a guy to be taller than me, but that’s not difficult as i’m only 5’3. at the end of the day, personality matters much more
Til this day, I haven’t seen (in real life) one couple where the guy is shorter than the girl.

So, my answer, although being highly controversial… is yes. I would say though that the consensus I’ve noticed is that sometimes girls just prefer a guy taller than her; how tall doesn’t matter.
To some women, yes.
Different women have very different attraction dealbreakers, ambitions and relationship preferences.
Within tinder, there are lots of demanding cliques where highly appearance attracted women are not open to talking to guys shorter than 6'2+.

Many women prefer to date a guy who is always taller than them without footwear on.
Plenty of women have a minimum height or height gap dealbreaker.
My minimum height dealbreaker is 5'4.
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Til this day, I haven’t seen (in real life) one couple where the guy is shorter than the girl.

So, my answer, although being highly controversial… is yes. I would say though that the consensus I’ve noticed is that sometimes girls just prefer a guy taller than her; how tall doesn’t matter.

i have my aunt and uncle
my aunt is way taller than my uncle
Sorry only interested in women, but height doesn't matter then
depends on the girl. imo i want him to be 5'8+ ideally as i wear boots with heels sometimes and i do not want to be taller.
Reply 7
I don’t think there’s really a definitive answer to this. To some it matters, to some it doesn’t. I’m not going to lie, if I could build a man from scratch he’d probably be 6 foot. But if I liked a guy, him being shorter than me would definitely not be the dealbreaker. Most of my friends have that same opinion. And if I were to rank the aspects of a man in order of importance when it comes to dating, for me it would be personality > face > body > height.
Original post by Food!!
i have my aunt and uncle
my aunt is way taller than my uncle

There can be anomalies within a data set.
Reply 9
Original post by CaptainDuckie
There can be anomalies within a data set.

whatever you say :rolleyes:
Again, anomalies can be safely discarded. Obviously everyone is entitled to have preferences and what not, and I respect that. But I won’t lie, there is definitely correlation in terms of women being shorter than the man in height.

I really don’t care about any of this, and I would like to hope you don’t to. I am merely just giving my opinion on OP’s question.
(edited 2 years ago)
No I wouldn't mind the height of anyone that I was dating, regardless of gender :smile:
Original post by hungrysalamander

The mods do not appreciate these type of contributions to relationships threads focusing on the height preferences of females who date males. :eviltongue:
Original post by londonmyst
The mods do not appreciate these type of contributions to relationships threads focusing on the height preferences of females who date males. :eviltongue:

I didn't make this thread:dontknow:
Original post by hungrysalamander
I didn't make this thread:dontknow:

You summoned the height baiting devil who got the m word banned from the relationships forum. :biggrin:
Original post by gracieee16
depends on the girl. imo i want him to be 5'8+ ideally as i wear boots with heels sometimes and i do not want to be taller.

And what is your height please?
You summoned the height baiting devil who got the m word banned from the relationships forum. :biggrin:

Good evening my dear!!!

I am just trying to figure out for once more whether a range of Lilliputian girls prefer Bigfoot-type men.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
No I wouldn't mind the height of anyone that I was dating, regardless of gender :smile:

So I suppose you are a female. Will you days someone who was 5'5?
Original post by Lucifer323
So I suppose you are a female. Will you days someone who was 5'5?

Yes I am female. Yeah I would - whatever their gender :smile:

What is the m word?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending