The Student Room Group

Jobs while studying at uni

I'm currently in my first year studying Quantity Surveying. I have a lot of free time as I only have 11 hours of lectures and seminars a week. I'm working at kaspas doing around 30 hours a week, but I want to look for a more serious job, than making waffles all day. Maybe something related to property. Does anyone have any sort of recommendations? It doesn't have to be property related.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous675
I'm currently in my first year studying Quantity Surveying. I have a lot of free time as I only have 11 hours of lectures and seminars a week. I'm working at kaspas doing around 30 hours a week, but I want to look for a more serious job, than making waffles all day. Maybe something related to property. Does anyone have any sort of recommendations? It doesn't have to be property related.

It's going to be hard
Original post by Anonymous
It's going to be hard

In what way?
In what way?

Because you go to university, employers are going to see you aren't going to be as flexible with studying and you aren't going to stick around if you go uni. Like for example you work at Tesco, after you leave university you aren't going to stay working at Tesco, you're basically using the company then you'll **** off somewhere else after you graduate or what ever tf. Employers want someone who will stick around ffs

Hey,

Have you thought about working for your university as a Student Ambassador?

Shifts and responsibilities consist of working Open Days, giving Campus Tours, helping out at Higher Education/UCAS Fairs, leading School and College Experience Days, offering Student Life Talks, Telemarketing, Photoshoot/Filming, and much more.

Signing up is pretty straight forward too. Recruitment and payment are sorted through Unitemps a service that provides temporary, permanent, graduate and internship jobs within a university. You could always email your university for more information as well.

I started back in my 1st Year and still work for my university to this day. I was offered realistic and flexible hours, good pay (£9.50 an hour), and immense training and support. I’ve also made great friends as an ambassador; we would often meet up after our shifts and hang out. With there being various amounts of shifts on offer, I never found it too difficult to get work.

Hope this helps,
- Jesse, 3rd Year Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending