The Student Room Group

Can i Take a Sofa to my Uni Room

I am moving into a uni Hall and i got the extra large room and i wanted to put a sofabed in there. Just something to chill on and have a freind sleep on if they decided to stay. But im not sure if thats even allowed. Let me know
You’ll have to check with staff first if you want to move something that big into your room.
Original post by Tai2001
I am moving into a uni Hall and i got the extra large room and i wanted to put a sofabed in there. Just something to chill on and have a freind sleep on if they decided to stay. But im not sure if thats even allowed. Let me know

lol, no - rooms are fully furnished, and you would not be permitted to bring large items of furniture like this. It's highly unlikely to fit in there, anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
lol, no - rooms are fully furnished, and you would not be permitted to bring large items of furniture like this. It's highly unlikely to fit in there, anyway.

:frown: Aww man, any suggestions for alternatives
Original post by Tai2001

Private, unfurnished accommodation.
Original post by Tai2001

An inflatable bed would work.
one of my flatmates brought a pop up bed for her friend to sleep on once lol
Original post by Tyler37282
An inflatable bed would work.

Absolutely. Buy an aero bed
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Private, unfurnished accommodation.I

Im woeking on it, thats big money there
Original post by Tai2001

Private housing you can do it, although you’ll probably have a living room so this isn’t an issue...

id pay to watch someone attempt to drag a sofa through a university hall, id be amazed if you navigate through the hall corridors & then realise even if you can squeeze it in your room the door won’t shut.

I would genuinely love to see a parent pull up to uni halls at the start of freshers week with a sofa tied to the roof though, you’d probably make into the tab if you pulled that off.
Original post by Tai2001

No you can’t bring furniture and even in a studio it won’t fit. Uni is supposed to be about living on a budget etc and studying not about having people sleep over and spend a fortune on stuff.
i have a similar problem, the bed that was provided to me is very very squeaky, which is unfortunate as i can not do my dirty deeds in peace. i was looking to buy a bed frame and mattress, specifically silent night, since their name implies that the bed will stay silent even if it is agitated vigorously, so my dirty deeds can be done in silence. if a sofa will not fit, i guess a whole double bed will not
Reply 12
Original post by Googley_eyes
No you can’t bring furniture and even in a studio it won’t fit. Uni is supposed to be about living on a budget etc and studying not about having people sleep over and spend a fortune on stuff.

Respectfully there is no need to get angry, Uni is supposed to be whatever I make it. If I want to spend money and let people stay over I can. You aint gotta be a di*k about it.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
i have a similar problem, the bed that was provided to me is very very squeaky, which is unfortunate as i can not do my dirty deeds in peace. i was looking to buy a bed frame and mattress, specifically silent night, since their name implies that the bed will stay silent even if it is agitated vigorously, so my dirty deeds can be done in silence. if a sofa will not fit, i guess a whole double bed will not

this is some of the funniest sh*t ive heard in a while
Original post by Tai2001
Respectfully there is no need to get angry, Uni is supposed to be whatever I make it. If I want to spend money and let people stay over I can. You aint gotta be a di*k about it.

Unless you’re top-middle or upper class you can’t afford it.
Original post by Tai2001
If I want to spend money and let people stay over I can.

Not if your contract says otherwise...
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous

silence?!

how disappointing

and dull

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending