The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm failing

I started A-Levels this year and I set myself a goal to never drop below a grade A in every subject. I really want to get triple A* and so far I never get higher than an A in all of my subjects no matter how much extra work and revision I do. Most of my friends have got at least one A* at this point and I feel like I'm going nowhere. I'm not improving at all, in fact in my latest bio exam I got a B. Is this just my natural ability? I heard that A* students are the one's that consistently get the top grades from the beginning of Year 12. Is there still any chance of me being able to get a top grade?
Original post by Anonymous
I heard that A* students are the one's that consistently get the top grades

you heard wrong, my friend. :no:

i got like D’s and B’s on my first ever year 12 mocks lol
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
you heard wrong, my friend. :no:

i got like D’s and B’s on my first ever year 12 mocks lol

ah ok, i guess it's just the school putting pressure on us (as always)
Failing is getting below a D

You are definitely not failing, A-Levels are supposed to be hard.
Original post by Jonathanツ
Failing is getting below a D

I disagree.

If you are working towards a certain grade requirement for your chosen university course and you don’t achieve it for whatever reason, it’s totally fine to be sad, and say that you have failed in getting this certain grade.
Original post by Anonymous
I started A-Levels this year and I set myself a goal to never drop below a grade A in every subject. I really want to get triple A* and so far I never get higher than an A in all of my subjects no matter how much extra work and revision I do. Most of my friends have got at least one A* at this point and I feel like I'm going nowhere. I'm not improving at all, in fact in my latest bio exam I got a B. Is this just my natural ability? I heard that A* students are the one's that consistently get the top grades from the beginning of Year 12. Is there still any chance of me being able to get a top grade?

Basically i felt like this when i was doing my btec health and social level 3 extend diploma. So i basically told the head of department (reference) and my form tutor (reference) so they cannot lie lol. The head of department is on my side because i complete all my coursework before the deadline lol. She told me she appreciate the fact that i want a change because i went from being a introvert to speaking out so they our going to feel like i am vunerable lol.
Original post by Arpita Baidya
Basically i felt like this when i was doing my btec health and social level 3 extend diploma. So i basically told the head of department (reference) and my form tutor (reference) so they cannot lie lol. The head of department is on my side because i complete all my coursework before the deadline lol. She told me she appreciate the fact that i want a change because i went from being a introvert to speaking out so they our going to feel like i am vunerable lol.

i am in year 12 currently so i understand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending