The Student Room Group

I have just given up! Here for a rant! 😭

I'll be real there is no hope. I attempted to do an OCR a level chem paper and within 20 mins just gave up because i knew i was just doing jack - whatever came to my head i just wrote down without even thinking about it and didn't feel at least confident with my answers, my timing is generally appalling, my phrasing for my exam qs are terrible and so is my handwriting. I am in such a similar position with an Edexcel Maths paper I did today - i had done similar questions but just couldn't remember the processes not to mention that for the past academic year i have been failing in and out of both subjects, its not shocking I find myself in such a position now and have been dealing a lot in college with my anxiety and some issues with friends. I have tried revising but just don't think capable anymore and these past few weeks attempted to do past paper under exam conditions but find myself in such a stuck and blank mental state that i haven't even properly practiced. I am here 2 weeks till my official exams!
Original post by GST1_m4n543
I'll be real there is no hope. I attempted to do an OCR a level chem paper and within 20 mins just gave up because i knew i was just doing jack - whatever came to my head i just wrote down without even thinking about it and didn't feel at least confident with my answers, my timing is generally appalling, my phrasing for my exam qs are terrible and so is my handwriting. I am in such a similar position with an Edexcel Maths paper I did today - i had done similar questions but just couldn't remember the processes not to mention that for the past academic year i have been failing in and out of both subjects, its not shocking I find myself in such a position now and have been dealing a lot in college with my anxiety and some issues with friends. I have tried revising but just don't think capable anymore and these past few weeks attempted to do past paper under exam conditions but find myself in such a stuck and blank mental state that i haven't even properly practiced. I am here 2 weeks till my official exams!

Chem is my best subject, but I am in Y11 lol and cannot help.
why is it always GCSEs students that answer. Where are all the A level people?
why is it always GCSEs students that answer. Where are all the A level people?

need some actual advice from another a level student
need some actual advice from another a level student

Did you put your thread header category in A Levels?

lemme give you some advice from my teacher (I do ocr chem too, currently in year 12 tho starting year 13 redox after half term)
you need to go through the year 12 content bc around 20% of the content in your paper is guaranteed to be year 12 stuff.
also the year 12 content gives you a solid foundation to go on.

if you happen to do a level ocr biology A (not B, A) please give me some tips, I really want an A
Original post by JA03
lemme give you some advice from my teacher (I do ocr chem too, currently in year 12 tho starting year 13 redox after half term)
you need to go through the year 12 content bc around 20% of the content in your paper is guaranteed to be year 12 stuff.
also the year 12 content gives you a solid foundation to go on.

if you happen to do a level ocr biology A (not B, A) please give me some tips, I really want an A

mate i am in year 13 and i am asking other students for help because i don't have the right answers.
If you've only got two weeks til exams, try working through problems from Physics and Maths Tutors. Even if you don't solve all of them, reading through the question papers and mark schemes side-by-side will help you remember the information and how to answer the questions. If paper revision e.g. flashcards isn't working for you, watch revision videos. Also, go through your coursebook and just refresh your mind on the content. Seneca is also really helpful as a revision resource because it combines revision notes/explanations with questions. Positivity will help you focus, so focus on what you can do! You can learn a lot in two weeks. (I do physics not chemistry or maths so I can't say anything in particular about your subjects, sorry.)
Idk about chemistry but with maths I just spam all the iygb papers because there are some really hard ones on there so it is good practice! If u have problems with forgetting the content I guess it is just a matter of going back to the textbook and practicing the specific topics u have a hard time with
(edited 1 year ago)
chemistry questions are repetitive so past paper questions are the way to go.

Quick Reply

Latest