The Student Room Group

summer jobs

what jobs can I get, I've done my gases but I haven't received my results or certificate yet?
you don't need results, just need to be over school leaving age which you are as of today
look on indeed to see if any pique your interest :smile:
Tbh indeed is such a scam… but come on kfc and McDonald’s is literally a common job for students. But I wouldn’t recommend. Go for hospitality jobs like a waiter or bartender.
Original post by zxi
what jobs can I get, I've done my gases but I haven't received my results or certificate yet?

Boots the chemist ( from age 15, with restrictions on what area's you can work on as there's some that's restricted to over 18's only).
Any supermarkets - from 16 years old with restrictions on what you can do due to restrictions as there's some that's 18 and over.

There is lots of retailer's who usually takes on young people for the summer months so look at these as well.
Original post by zxi

Shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, local attractions, touristy type places etc etc.
Original post by ToGodly
Tbh indeed is such a scam… but come on kfc and McDonald’s is literally a common job for students. But I wouldn’t recommend. Go for hospitality jobs like a waiter or bartender.

Whats wrong with mcdonalds?
Original post by Emma:-)

True Emma as at the end of the day it's a job regardless where you work about.
I know people who been with them for many years and they say that they love the job with McDonald's 🙄
Try hospitality (waiting on, food runner etc) as thats where I currently work. You could also try local independent shops as they're more likely to hire you than big chains. Mcdonalds also take on from 16 as said by others on here
Original post by Emma:-)

Nothing wrong with it, but the pay is not good. With waiter or smth you can get tips and stuff. However if you are happy with the salary at McDonald’s then ofc you can work there. Nothing wrong :smile:
I’m working at a marketing company for the summer before uni. Good pay.
Original post by Schotel
I’m working at a marketing company for the summer before uni. Good pay.

How do I apply? Lool
Original post by ToGodly
How do I apply? Lool

I did my work placement there so they just hired me on the spot afterwards. Have a look at nearby IT Marketing companies, and see if any have openings. My pay currently is £10/hour and for 17 it’s not that bad.
Original post by ToGodly
Nothing wrong with it, but the pay is not good. With waiter or smth you can get tips and stuff. However if you are happy with the salary at McDonald’s then ofc you can work there. Nothing wrong :smile:

Actually the pay at McDonald's isn't too bad. When I was working at the 2nd children's nursery I worked at, I was still working at McDonald's on a Sunday (I'd kept that on). I was getting paid more at McDonald's as a normal crew member than I was at the nursery looking after children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending