Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Giving blood and getting a piercing in the same day...too much? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I'd expect someone with a phobia of needles to have given blood for me...
    Why?

You shouldn't feel you have to do it. You should want to it and if you have a phobia of needles you probably don't..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    says someone who wants to cut themselves and lose blood on purpose you emo
    What are you 12? Do your research cretin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVC15)
    What are you 12? Do your research cretin.
    ohhhh the cretin comments are coming out this has just turned hardcore

ReputationRep:
    http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/26021...Troll_fail.jpg

ReputationRep:
    For a while now I've wanted my cartilage pierced but before I get it done I would like to give blood because I wont be able to for a while after getting a piercing done.

I have a phobia of needles (but giving blood is a good thing to do so definitely want to) so I'm debating getting both done in the same day just to get all the needle stuff over and done with...

Is this recommendable? Or do you think it more likely that I'll faint or something?
    cartilage is done with a needle and takes around a year to heal so you won't be able to give blood again for bout year and a half (I recently got it done and I was a bleeder)

I'd say give blood, give it a couple weeks then get the piercing

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    ohhhh the cretin comments are coming out this has just turned hardcore
    You're proving to be quiet entertaining! That all you got? I'm surprised you understand what it means.

Go play elsewhere.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Why?

You shouldn't feel you have to do it. You should want to it and if you have a phobia of needles you probably don't..
    I want to enable someone else to live. Donating blood and being an organ donor are the ways I'm able to do that. I don't want the needle in my arm, but if I've been able to have needles in my arm to prevent diseases in myself, I should be able to do it to save someone else...

(Original post by warning.shot)
    cartilage is done with a needle and takes around a year to heal so you won't be able to give blood again for bout year and a half (I recently got it done and I was a bleeder)
    It can only take 3 months tho! I won't be able to give blood for a year because in Scotland you can't till a year after piercing, hence wanting to give blood first

ReputationRep:
    It can only take 3 months tho! I won't be able to give blood for a year because in Scotland you can't till a year after piercing, hence wanting to give blood first
    3 months is much closer to the average than a year. To expedite the healing process I would suggest getting a bar put in, instead of a ring. Rings move a lot more so don't settle quite so easily as a bar.

I've never been able to give blood (never been a long enough gap between tattoo/piercing sessions!) so I think it's great that you're doing that!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Renni131)
    3 months is much closer to the average than a year. To expedite the healing process I would suggest getting a bar put in, instead of a ring. Rings move a lot more so don't settle quite so easily as a bar.

I've never been able to give blood (never been a long enough gap between tattoo/piercing sessions!) so I think it's great that you're doing that!
    I want a bar not ring, think they look better

That's why I'm giving blood now, then over next few months getting all piercings and tattoos I want, then wait a year, then donate again =D

ReputationRep:
    I want a bar not ring, think they look better

That's why I'm giving blood now, then over next few months getting all piercings and tattoos I want, then wait a year, then donate again =D
    Good plan :yep:

I'm sure everything will go smoothly when you go to get this done, but good luck anyway!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Renni131)
    Good plan :yep:

I'm sure everything will go smoothly when you go to get this done, but good luck anyway!
    Thanks! I'm gonna try and do it all tomorrow as a "treat" after an exam...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just in case anyone cares, gave blood and got cartilage pierced today =D

Bloody hell cartilage hurt like ****!
    Giving blood didn't hurt in comparison, plus nurses were very nice =D

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.