The Student Room Group

signs a guy could be abusive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Chocolatesoup
eventually realised i wasnt happy, but it was hard to see when youre the one experiencing it if that makes sense? like if youre made to feel so low you dont view the situation as bad and use your head and just leave haha! everytime i broke up with him he would send me texts saying he was going to kill himself etc so i always went back to him.. the only way to get him out my life was to cheat on him so he'd hate me and not want to be with me! i dont agree with cheating but for me it was the only thing I could do.

i am glad you got out in the end :smile: i have been there myself and it is hard.
Reply 21
Deary me, how naive are some people? There's absolutely nothing wrong with dominant/submissive sexual relationships, plenty of people enjoy dominating or being dominated and inflicting/receiving mild pain. It's only a problem if either of you don't consent or aren't enjoying it, if the pain is extreme (I would say mild pain involves spanking, scratching, hair-pulling, choking, biting), or if issues outside the bedroom seem to be crossing over. For example, if he's angry with you about something and you can feel that translates to the way he treats you in the bedroom, you feel that he's hurting you in bed not for both of your sexual pleasure, but because he's genuinely angry and actually wants to punish you in a more general sense.

Other signs, like everyone says, jealousy - obviously some jealousy is healthy, but not to the extent that he would want you to stop seeing male friends. Treating you as childlike - making you feel foolish, or praising you for doing as he tells you. Raising his voice (or his hand) to you, especially in front of others, as it shows not only violent tendencies but instability and unpredictability. And you need to go on your instincts - if the feeling you get when he texts you or you're going to see him is more worried nervous than butterflies nervous, trust what your gut's telling you.
Reply 22
Original post by abc101
Deary me, how naive are some people? There's absolutely nothing wrong with dominant/submissive sexual relationships, plenty of people enjoy dominating or being dominated and inflicting/receiving mild pain. It's only a problem if either of you don't consent or aren't enjoying it, if the pain is extreme (I would say mild pain involves spanking, scratching, hair-pulling, choking, biting), or if issues outside the bedroom seem to be crossing over. For example, if he's angry with you about something and you can feel that translates to the way he treats you in the bedroom, you feel that he's hurting you in bed not for both of your sexual pleasure, but because he's genuinely angry and actually wants to punish you in a more general sense.

Other signs, like everyone says, jealousy - obviously some jealousy is healthy, but not to the extent that he would want you to stop seeing male friends. Treating you as childlike - making you feel foolish, or praising you for doing as he tells you. Raising his voice (or his hand) to you, especially in front of others, as it shows not only violent tendencies but instability and unpredictability. And you need to go on your instincts - if the feeling you get when he texts you or you're going to see him is more worried nervous than butterflies nervous, trust what your gut's telling you.

thanks, yeh i dont think this guy im seeing will be abusive, he doesnt seem to have any of the signs :smile: plus he told me he hates abuse Im just scared of falling into relationships after last time missing all the signs.
Original post by Gray Wolf
What the hell are you on about mate? Next you will be saying paedophilia is the norm...

>implying it won't be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending