The Student Room Group

Best way to get into a relationship in uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fajitamunch
I once had a similar problem. I learnt a dance that got me into a fantastic relationship.

:lol:

I'm going to a festival this weekend, I'll try this, thanks
Reply 21
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
:lol:

I'm going to a festival this weekend, I'll try this, thanks

You'll get all the girls with that move...
Original post by Michael!
It's all too easy to go out 'on the pull'. But the girls/guys you meet who are willing to give it out on the first night aren't exactly what I'd call relationship material. So my question is, what is the best way to meet someone who you can develop a decent, loving relationship with at uni (who isn't a slut-bucket).

I'm sick off flings and want to settle down!

Hey Michael,

Contrary to what people have said so far, you can find girls at uni that are looking for a relationship. The only thing I would say is look outside your course. My friend got pretty serious with this girl in our year, and then when he broke up with her it just got quite awkward especially if we had group tasks.

Me personally, I had a really good relationship in 2nd and 3rd year. I met her in a society and we happened to get on really well. After a few dates, we became bf/gf and things worked out pretty smooth for more than a year. I would say societies are probably the best place because you meet people with similar interests but at the same time they're going to be doing something different to you so there's plenty to talk and share. Pub crawls and end of term/year parties are not the best place to be looking for a long-term relationship in my view!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending