Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strangers staring in public Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    I guess that is a good thing then, haha.
    Yeah I really wouldn't fret, there's obviously something intriguing about you

ReputationRep:
    How do you react to the attention?
    To be honest, i have reached a certain age where

a) i couldnt give a toss
    b) if anyone wants to interact with me, they are more than welcome

ReputationRep:
    It's probably you imagining people are staring at you due to lack of self confidence. Staring back at people will just make you seem weird and could lead to confrontation. If you're that self conscious I wouldn't imagine you'd be able to stare back at people though.

ReputationRep:
    I get that a fair amount and it makes me feel quite insecure.

ReputationRep:
    I stare back. Especially if it's another male trying to act all macho and intimidate me. < That **** makes me angry pretty fast. Staring is rude.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like it, just stare back, hold it and slowly lick your lips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I feel like that too, maybe it's just paranoia?
    Or maybe you are banging hot and they all want to bone you?

ReputationRep:
    Stare back!

ReputationRep:
    I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.
    No-one here is unique. Get over yourself.

What else are people supposed to look at - the sky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Or maybe you are banging hot and they all want to bone you?
    sarcasm is strong in this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoftPunch)
    sarcasm is strong in this one
    Nah, I bet Marian is a real hottie. Just lacks self confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I bet Marian is a real hottie. Just lacks self confidence.
    Ruthless Dutchman would know. And probably some others. But no-one is telling.

ReputationRep:
    Ruthless Dutchman would know. And probably some others. But no-one is telling.
    Ofc they are not, I doubt she'd meet with *******s.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha you'd be surprised

ReputationRep:
    in fact, she's the organiser of all 'em meetings :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.
    yea its cause your big. you might be a violent threat to peoples safety or a rapist.

ReputationRep:
    No-one here is unique. Get over yourself.

What else are people supposed to look at - the sky?
    I knew I liked you for a reason. Top lel :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

This feeling will dissipate over time. Just act as if you have no cares in the world nor embarassed about anything. Easiest in cities where you hardly see the same person twice if you're just walking down a bustling street/sidewalk.

ReputationRep:
    B
    Bcos you too sexy

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that too tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.