The Student Room Group

how long does it take to fall in love?

Scroll to see replies

I've known a man for 21 months and I love him very, very much. However, I have felt attracted and drawn to him from the very first moment we spoke, so my feelings have been a long time in the making.
Original post by Alexion
Ah, that's what this is about... :wink:

Just over a month is easily long enough. I actually told my girlfriend I loved her (more specifically, that I'd fallen in love with her, which is a step above) before we were officially going out... we kinda had an 'are we?' thing going on, and me saying that confirmed it was real :lovehug:

Just tell him already! :h:

okay okay, i think ill tell him tomorrow morning, thanks lol
Original post by CodyHodges
It depends on the person of course and their past experiences. My first true relationship lasted around 8-9 months but I never confessed to loving her for about 6-8 weeks after knowing her, looking back it wasn't love but lust/ being infatuated. I'm currently seeing a girl who I met late October so it's been about 6 almost 7 weeks, and I feel like I have developed feelings for her. Although she has said she doesn't fall or feel like she loves someone for about 3-6 months which is perfectly fine with me as I am not in love with her anyway. I just feel some relationship type feelings towards her, which I feel she is forcing. We've had sex a lot of the past month and when we do I can see her eyes light up and it's so loving.. Yet she says she doesn't feel anything like that for me yet. I don't know it's just so confusing to me

PS: She is 17, I am almost 17 she is the girl I lost my virginity to, so I guess that adds to me feeling more for her? Anyway is there any tips on how I can suppress my feelings from her until I know whether she wants a relationship or not?

im also 17 and female and from what you've said i think she might be saying all of this so she doesn't want to be taken for advantage, like maybe she's been hurt in the past or something, i dont know just a guess lol. unfortunelty i have no advice, just explain how you feel properly.
Original post by georgieeb487
im also 17 and female and from what you've said i think she might be saying all of this so she doesn't want to be taken for advantage, like maybe she's been hurt in the past or something, i dont know just a guess lol. unfortunelty i have no advice, just explain how you feel properly.

Right to get the best possible advice I will layout the situation. We met on an app called badoo which shows you people close to you and you can initate conversation. I joined it, to simply pass time. While she joined it for a potential relationship, anyway we ended up meeting each other as we live about 10 minutes away from each other, and she actually lives right next to my Sixth Form. We met up and have been seeing each other since in that time we both agreed we would like to see how things went and we have had sex around 12-15 times, but we have both said it isn't just sex, it's the feeling of being closer, and I don't know if you've ever seen your partners eyes during sex light up in a way you've never seen anyone elses. Well... She ended up opening up to me what only her family knows, she suffers from BPD (borderline personality disorder) and she is recovering from bulimia which has been under control for almost a year. I told her, aslong as her BPD doesn't cause her to lash out and emotionally abuse me which it hasn't besides her being paranoid a few times, I would easily look beyond that and see if a relationship would occur. This really shocked her as she expected me to up and leave, she has said how grateful she is and happy I decided to stick it with her.

But we had a small bump today on my fault and she said she feels like her feelings are forced because she feels I am falling for her quicker than she is falling for me.. I am just so confused now
Some time after dating/spending time together.
varies per person

usually i have to know someone for a few months bfore i feel anything

but then boy do i feel ;//
okay okay, i think ill tell him tomorrow morning, thanks lol

Did you tell him? How did it go? :smile:
It takes minutes to like someone, but to actually love someone is when you get to know them and their habits. I just miss my ex now :'( whilst reading through this thread :frown:
It depends on the person. I fell for the last guy unbelievably quickly.
just want to know what everyone else thinks😊

It can happen in seconds of seeing someone or forever...
Reply 30
Time not days. If you are together for a month but only see them once a week it's obviously different to if you see them every two days for say, three or four hours, it's also connections, social connections (e.g meeting family) those little quirks you get know (they hate water or something, mine was she walked with a limp lmao), otherwise what you have is baseless infatuation based on not knowing a person, to love someone you must know THEM not who you think they are.
On average it takes 3 months, if everything goes well.

A tip I have for guys is: Let the girl tell you she loves you.
(edited 8 years ago)
if hes hot/fit then a week (max)

i fall in-love too quick ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending