The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
pinkmonkey3
hey how long do they leep the interviews going for?
because my teacher is taking ages to finish my reference. and i havent sent my ucas form off yet.
so if i send it straight away when i come back from the hols, will it be in good time still?
do they hold iterviews right on into feb and march?
or is there a time limit?

Last year at BCU they were still interviewing in April so I wouldnt worry
Dumpling
I'll let you know how it goes! Where is your favourite so far?

My fingers are crossed for you! And so far I'm putting Manchester as firm and UEA as insurance - got an interview at UCL but I'm not too sure if I want to go there... What has been your favourite?

pinkmonkey3
hey how long do they leep the interviews going for?

I've got an interview at City in March so you should be fine!
Reply 382
zanzapan
OMFGGG!!!!!!!!!! JUST GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL WITH AN OFFER FROM SHEFFIELD!!! AAHHHHH!!! MY FAVOURITE!!!!! I actually cried! I am so happppyyyy!!!! :biggrin:

Well doneee! I just got one too, yesterday, and it's my favourite by farrrrrrrrr. So maybe see you there! So exciting! xx
Reply 383
How long does an offer usually take to show up on UCAS after you get a letter? My Leeds one is taking absolutely ages, i'm guessing it's because of christmas & new year and all thatt malarky. But it's kind of frustrating, and i don't want my Sheffield offer to take this long, too excited about it. What have people's offers from Leeds and Sheffield been?
Hope everyone had a nice christmas! x
Annaaa
How long does an offer usually take to show up on UCAS after you get a letter? My Leeds one is taking absolutely ages, i'm guessing it's because of christmas & new year and all thatt malarky. But it's kind of frustrating, and i don't want my Sheffield offer to take this long, too excited about it. What have people's offers from Leeds and Sheffield been?
Hope everyone had a nice christmas! x

Track won't update again until the 4th January, they are still on their Christmas holiday.
Reply 385
PhoenixFortune
Track won't update again until the 4th January, they are still on their Christmas holiday.

Oooh i see, thank you! x
Reply 386
Annaaa
Well doneee! I just got one too, yesterday, and it's my favourite by farrrrrrrrr. So maybe see you there! So exciting! xx

Well done you! I shall hopefully be seeing you there then! you know what accomodation you want?
Reply 387
zanzapan
Well done you! I shall hopefully be seeing you there then! you know what accomodation you want?

No not really, i've started looking but not properly yet. What about you? x
Reply 388
Annaaa
No not really, i've started looking but not properly yet. What about you? x

haa, I already know I am such a keeno! Endcliffe self catered with en suite :biggrin:
Reply 389
zanzapan
haa, I already know I am such a keeno! Endcliffe self catered with en suite :biggrin:

Yeah i've looked at that, looks amazing & i definitely want self catered. Oooh it's weird that i'm speaking to you on here & have no idea who you are but could be basically living with you this time next year, haha x
Reply 390
Hii, Basically i've applied to do speech and language therapy for 2010 and I've been invited to interviews next month. I was just wondering if anyone has had any interviews for SLT and has any decent advice or just tell me about what kind of stuff they asked? Thankyou! x
hey :smile: i have applied for speech therapy toooo :biggrin:

manchester: waiting
sheffield: interview & offer ABB
manchester met: offer BBB
newcastle: waiting
sheffield (communication science): offer BBB

Anyone putting sheffield as their 1st choice??? x
hello, i had an interview at sheffield a couple of weeks ago! It was totally fine, no reason to worry (like i was haha). Very informal. Asked about strengths, weaknesses and work experience really. Hope it goes well, good luck :smile: x
Reply 393
Hi guys :smile: i was just browsing the internet for tips etc on SLT and this came up, really put me at ease about applying.

Where are you applying?
UEA for firm, and then applying to Birmingham and De Montford
What grades do you need?
BBB for UEA but i already have ABB so the grades shouldn't be a problem
What subjects do you do?
I studied Sociology, English and History at A levels, but im now meant to be at uni studying Sociology - really debating whether to go back and finish the year though =/
Have you sent off your UCAS?
Not yet :frown: next week it will be sent though!
Did you get much work experiance?
I only have w/e in a primary school, on Monday i will be ringing/sending letters to everywhere to try and get some though!

Feel really far behind compared you guys!
Good luck with your UCAS :smile:
sianus
ive applied for SLT at

Reading: sent me questions and i sent them back ..
East Anglia: interview on the 14th december
Manchester: conditional offer - AAB
Plymouth: - havent heard anything

im quite nervous for my interview ? i know they are going to ask me like 'why speech and language therapy' and i find this really hard to answer ? any tips ?

Write down all the question that you think they will ask you, google interview questions if you need help, there are alot of really great questions/answers around. Prepare answers for each and add something personal, and opinion or experience to each, then just practice answering them. I know you might find it a bit silly, but it really does come across in interviews when people have done this.

Ps. I help out with recruitment from time to time for a rather large company in the UK and believe me, PRACTICE, practice, practice. It will give you confidence in the interview. :yep:

Hope this helps and good luck.
zanzapan
OMFGGG!!!!!!!!!! JUST GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL WITH AN OFFER FROM SHEFFIELD!!! AAHHHHH!!! MY FAVOURITE!!!!! I actually cried! I am so happppyyyy!!!! :biggrin:

omg well done! so that's your firm i take it? you still going to the Reading open day?
stonelove
Hii, Basically i've applied to do speech and language therapy for 2010 and I've been invited to interviews next month. I was just wondering if anyone has had any interviews for SLT and has any decent advice or just tell me about what kind of stuff they asked? Thankyou! x

firstly know your personal statement like the back of your hand! and be prepared to answer any questions about your work experience, like what you did and what you learnt from the experience. also have an answer planned for 'why slt?' and 'why this university?' so then you'll know exactly what to say and don't have to think about it if they ask you :smile: also think about any qualities you may have that'll be good for the profession and how your a-level subjects could help you.

hope that helps!
Chorpey
:smile: well done everyone on all offers so far :smile:
I got a letter on xmas eve for sheffield saying i have an interview on tuesday the 11th of january,, but this date doesn't actually exist :frown: so maybe they mean monday the 11th or tuesday the 12th :frown:, did anyone else get this by any chance?

Also, has anyone heard from newcastle? its my favourite but the only one i havn't heard from :frown:! x

Good luck with your sheffield interview!..it went fine for me, not anything to worry about!
i still haven't heard anything from newcastle!! its soo annoying! are you putting it as your firm? x
Just wondering if anyone has got offers from newcastle or manchester yet?!?!?! i hate the wait!!! haha :smile:
hope everyones interviews are going well! x
Reply 399
bumblebee111191
omg well done! so that's your firm i take it? you still going to the Reading open day?

Yeaahh Sheffield is my firm. I dont know if I will go to the Reading open day anymore, I think I will just firm Sheffield and not bother! I'll let yuou know!

Latest