The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
quit, seriously its the dirtiest habit ever and really not attractive!

Just don't go there, your mum is right on this one!

Graham
Reply 41
It does seem to be the best idea would be to quit.
Not only is it illegal, but it is harming your body, as well as your relationship with your parents.
I suggest you read this article, and then take a look at cancerous parts of the body.
Not for the faint hearted or those affected by cancer.

Spoiler

Nah mate, keep smoking. It's cool. Just tell your mom to go **** herself and live out in the wild as a tramp for a while.
Reply 43
Yabasic
Isn't it legal for anyone to smoke? I know you have to be 16 to buy fags but I'm pretty sure you can be any age to actually smoke.

Anonymous, no offence but you must have an over-protective mum which is good for some instances but you're old enough to make decisions like that. :smile:

Oh yes, a 5 year old child can skip down the street with a lighted fag in their mouth past a bunch of police and not be stopped. :rolleyes:

16 is the age to buy and SMOKE fags.
Reply 44
Seriously, If you wanna smoke, smoke. She totally overreacted. Its just a guilt trip you are on right now but both you and your mother will forget about it I suppose. And if she wants to 'have a talk' I'm sure its not only because of the cigarette. It must be about something else as well.
Im sorry to say this but i dont think you're going to get alot of help here. Im presuming most people on here are from Britain and the fact that he lives in singapore is the main problem i think.

If a 17 year old guy gets caught smoking and gets slapped by his mother in this country i'd definately tell them to stand up to her and explain that your almost an adult and its your choice.

But in a different country with very different laws, culture and family dynamics (my mum would never slap me, and i dont know anyone over here whos mum would, to be honest. I'd bet your dad is worse too) you would have to think about ti more. So i dunno what to say.

I'd advice talking to some friends
Reply 46
uhhohh since your underage. the best solution would be to quit. and really quit not just hide from her. you can't blame your mom if she lost trust in you. it happened to me before (she told me not to have a boyfriend yet, but i did. and she found out. said she lost her trust in me). prove to her that you really stopped smoking and try to gain her trust again. it won't be that hard...as long as you keep your word about quitting.
Reply 47
Anonymous
She slapped me in the face...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending