Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    I would assume you were teaching maths- all my chinese friends are amazing in their maths!!

Hahaha... I wouldn't be disturbed if he said that when we've known each other better. But we had only spoken for less than ten minutes!

Well, If I were ignorant, i can also assumed that he's on benefits since its the culture in the uk.

The more I speak to him, the less I think of him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    Minorities are too easily offended. You should get off your high horse. You're not superior to anybody else.
    Excuse me? Did I say minorities are superior? Neither do I think the majority is superior.

Why you so stoopid? (At least I am not blaming it on your religion like others. I target individual, not a group lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    I dont think thats really racist as he just jumped to the conlusion but he didn't offend your ethnicity in any way
    He jumped into conclusion repetitively everyday!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamawesomejoy)
    Hahaha... I wouldn't be disturbed if he said that when we've known each other better. But we had only spoken for less than ten minutes!

Well, If I were ignorant, i can also assumed that he's on benefits since its the culture in the uk.

The more I speak to him, the less I think of him tbh.
    Honestly, i would have just asked you what you were going to teach. Its not nice to make assumptions about people.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Once again, society doesnt even know what racism is.

Chinese isnt a race, and saying anything like this regardless of what you look like, sound like or come across as is purely prejudice, pre-judging someone.

It really boils my blood :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Honestly, i would have just asked you what you were going to teach. Its not nice to make assumptions about people.
    Well thats because you are more mature than him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamawesomejoy)
    Well thats because you are more mature than him!
    Appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.