The Student Room Group

God is real.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ashtar
Who said the universe started with the big bang ? There is no scientific proof of that.

We have a world of proof, literally, read Georges Lemaitre's Paper on the big bang. There are countless of ideas on inflationary physics and cosmology that all point to the big bang. There cannot be inflation without the big bang. You will probably ask for an example so ill give you one Hubble's Constant. At least see if what your writing makes sense, for the love of physics, please.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by samendrag
Read Georges Lemaitre's Paper on the big bang, at least see if what your writing makes sense, for the love of physics, please.

Mm, are you serious ? His opinion (I didn't read it) isn't final on the state of reality.
[QUOTE=banterboy;60592163]This is a mistake because there is no reason to think God came from nothing. He could be a being which cannot not be. This is an at least plausible definition of God, and i think less plausible as a function of the definition of material matter.

Then I could say theres no reason that universe could come from nothing, its eternal, static and unchanging. Its always been there, in the same way that you say; god has always been there.
Original post by Ashtar
Mm, are you serious ? His opinion (I didn't read it) isn't final on the state of reality.

Are YOU serious? Its not an opinion admittedly we cannot say for 100% but we are pretty close, more closer than religion has ever gotten us. We have evidence and a lot of it. Religion is just blind trust. Science makes everything much clearer and more focused. You will see that everything is logical and patterns repeat. This is the beauty that Physics has given us not religion. Religion has just made the differences visible between humans. All that has caused is war. Science brings unity. So does religion, to a certain extent, but not as much as science.
God is real. He's just busy Netflixing and chillin
Original post by Ashtar
Who said the universe started with the big bang ? There is no scientific proof of that.

Err, yes there is.
Reply 46
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Err, yes there is.

[citation needed]
Original post by Ashtar
[citation needed]

Well just look up all the literature on cosmic background radiation and red shifted galaxies to confirm expansion from a single point.
Reply 49
Well just look up all the literature on cosmic background radiation and red shifted galaxies to confirm expansion from a single point.

That is proving the Big Bang existed, not that it started the Universe.

There are theories like the Big Crunch etc etc.
Original post by Ashtar
That is proving the Big Bang existed, not that it started the Universe.

There are theories like the Big Crunch etc etc.

The Big Bang gave rise to the universe in its current form. Yes, there are models of a cyclic universe, but if anything these imply the universe has always existed and thus wasn't created...
Reply 51
The Big Bang gave rise to the universe in its current form. Yes, there are models of a cyclic universe, but if anything these imply the universe has always existed and thus wasn't created...

That's true, I think my point was that the only way God could exist is He always existed..

At this point I would say the most logical way to put it is God is Pantheistic, so the Universe is God.
If you are religious-believe in god then you would believe that. If your not then you wouldn't. End of discussion, oh wait people aren't all one sided.
You can believe in what you want, but why do you need to prove yourself to other people? Preachers should be spreading a word of peace and love not proof, thats what science does.
Original post by Ashtar
That's true, I think my point was that the only way God could exist is He always existed..

At this point I would say the most logical way to put it is God is Pantheistic, so the Universe is God.

This is the first thing that you said that I truly believe in. A Pantheistic God is known as a Spinoza and it is basically what we call nature. Einstein also believed this.
Original post by Eggs20
How can you get something out of nothing?

Exactly you can't thus god is real.

Your 2nd statement does not follow from the first.
Reply 55
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
Stfu beta op

Shut up am strong. I kick you ass anyday.
Reply 56
Original post by keromedic
Your 2nd statement does not follow from the first.

Yes it does.
Original post by The Assassin
what a superb post. You a philosophy student by any chance?

Yes, i have that affliction :tongue:
Original post by Eggs20
Shut up am strong. I kick you ass anyday.

This guy.
Original post by DavidMIliband
Then I could say theres no reason that universe could come from nothing, its eternal, static and unchanging. Its always been there, in the same way that you say; god has always been there.

Yes I made a point to that effect.

However, we have good reason to believe THIS universe started. Whether SOMETHING non godlike has always existed, I do not knwo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending