Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    No one winds me up on here, that'd be like sheep winding a wolf up. Just not gonna happen. :cool:
    A wolf? You're more like one of those infuriating little jack russells that incessantly yap and nip at your ankles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Well its not quite as simple as that. I can't give up everything I enjoy doing for fear it'll make me want a cigarette. Otherwise that would mean not touching a drop of alcohol for the rest of my life. Which is absurd (to me, anyway).
    Also, you seem to have just focused on the alcohol part - both my parents smoke and my friends smoke. I can't stop hanging around them just because it tempts me can I?
    My friend did her PhD on nicotine addiction. She was telling me the triggering pathways are really difficult to break. As an ex-smoker I still get cravings after a glass of wine or cider and I quit over a year ago. I think it takes a long time for it to stop but the cravings are definitely less bad.

I think instead of going cold turkey (since your friends all smoke etc) you should try nicotine supplements. I know they look a bit dumb but the cigarette shaped inhalers are probably best and you can "smoke" them inside! hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toaster Leavings)
    My friend did her PhD on nicotine addiction. She was telling me the triggering pathways are really difficult to break. As an ex-smoker I still get cravings after a glass of wine or cider and I quit over a year ago. I think it takes a long time for it to stop but the cravings are definitely less bad.

I think instead of going cold turkey (since your friends all smoke etc) you should try nicotine supplements. I know they look a bit dumb but the cigarette shaped inhalers are probably best and you can "smoke" them inside! hehe.
    Those inhalers ****in' hurt! I think I dragged it too long.

ReputationRep:
    A wolf? You're more like one of those infuriating little jack russells that incessantly yap and nip at your ankles.
    So you're admitting I annoy you? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I usually think about dating...well i say to myself "who would kiss a smoker? i wouldn't" sooo yhh...that surely helped me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    I usually think about dating...well i say to myself "who would kiss a smoker? i wouldn't" sooo yhh...that surely helped me
    Ahh well having smoked myself and having dated smokers, it would have little effect on me personally.

ReputationRep:
    Would be annoying if you were trying to quit and could taste tabacco in their mouth surely?

You and punk seem to have more of a love/hate relationship going on than just purely hate :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    So you're admitting I annoy you? :cool:
    Oh please I don't care about you enough to annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please I don't care about you enough to annoy me.
    We both know that's completely untrue. Unfortunately for me. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My friend's mum said giving birth was easier than quitting smoking (she quit smoking when she found out she was pregnant).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.