The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
punktopia
No one winds me up on here, that'd be like sheep winding a wolf up. Just not gonna happen. :cool:

A wolf? You're more like one of those infuriating little jack russells that incessantly yap and nip at your ankles.
Antonia87
Well its not quite as simple as that. I can't give up everything I enjoy doing for fear it'll make me want a cigarette. Otherwise that would mean not touching a drop of alcohol for the rest of my life. Which is absurd (to me, anyway).
Also, you seem to have just focused on the alcohol part - both my parents smoke and my friends smoke. I can't stop hanging around them just because it tempts me can I?

My friend did her PhD on nicotine addiction. She was telling me the triggering pathways are really difficult to break. As an ex-smoker I still get cravings after a glass of wine or cider and I quit over a year ago. I think it takes a long time for it to stop but the cravings are definitely less bad.

I think instead of going cold turkey (since your friends all smoke etc) you should try nicotine supplements. I know they look a bit dumb but the cigarette shaped inhalers are probably best and you can "smoke" them inside! hehe.
Toaster Leavings
My friend did her PhD on nicotine addiction. She was telling me the triggering pathways are really difficult to break. As an ex-smoker I still get cravings after a glass of wine or cider and I quit over a year ago. I think it takes a long time for it to stop but the cravings are definitely less bad.

I think instead of going cold turkey (since your friends all smoke etc) you should try nicotine supplements. I know they look a bit dumb but the cigarette shaped inhalers are probably best and you can "smoke" them inside! hehe.

Those inhalers ****in' hurt! I think I dragged it too long.
Reply 83
Antonia87
A wolf? You're more like one of those infuriating little jack russells that incessantly yap and nip at your ankles.

So you're admitting I annoy you? :cool:
I usually think about dating...well i say to myself "who would kiss a smoker? i wouldn't" sooo yhh...that surely helped me
Reply 85
FrustratedHistorian
I usually think about dating...well i say to myself "who would kiss a smoker? i wouldn't" sooo yhh...that surely helped me

Ahh well having smoked myself and having dated smokers, it would have little effect on me personally.
Reply 86
Would be annoying if you were trying to quit and could taste tabacco in their mouth surely?

You and punk seem to have more of a love/hate relationship going on than just purely hate :curious:
Reply 87
punktopia
So you're admitting I annoy you? :cool:

Oh please I don't care about you enough to annoy me.
Reply 88
Antonia87
Oh please I don't care about you enough to annoy me.

We both know that's completely untrue. Unfortunately for me. :rolleyes:
My friend's mum said giving birth was easier than quitting smoking (she quit smoking when she found out she was pregnant).

Latest

Trending

Trending