Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    I am soo stressed like literally i cant even help but think about results day:/
    yhhhh man constant panic thoughts flowing around my brain

ReputationRep:
    Try not to get too worked up about it all. You probably have doubts about Cardiff because you keep thinking you haven't got the grades. Go look at Bournemouth but keep an open mind. There will probably still be spaces in clearing after results day if things don't go to plan - but chances are if you get accepted into Cardiff all your doubts will disappear. Keep smiling
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    It's not TSR, it's my mother who is supposed to be HELPING ME KEEP CALM!

She's just spent the last 15 minutes listing all the reasons why Cardiff is wrong for me and I should ditch it even if by some miracle I achieve the grades. She's convinced that the Bournemouth Advertising course is perfect for me (how she came to this conclusion I do not know and she will not explain).

All this when I already have my own doubts

ReputationRep:
    Decided to look at the edexcel mark schemes, my resit doesn't seem to have gone well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Decided to look at the edexcel mark schemes, my resit doesn't seem to have gone well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I looked at the c4 one and a few numbers seemed familiar but idk whether i did write them down in the exam or whether they're familiar because they were on the unofficial mark schemes so now i really don't know what to think ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I looked at the c4 one and a few numbers seemed familiar but idk whether i did write them down in the exam or whether they're familiar because they were on the unofficial mark schemes so now i really don't know what to think ahh
    I know! I wish I'd never looked, it has just created more unnecessary stress ugh :/ I wish they released grade boundaries so much earlier though, I reckon I could predict what I'd get on results day if I had the grade boundaries now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know! I wish I'd never looked, it has just created more unnecessary stress ugh :/ I wish they released grade boundaries so much earlier though, I reckon I could predict what I'd get on results day if I had the grade boundaries now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh but doubt the boundaries have actually been set yet but I think it would be fairer if they released them when they have been set which I'm guessing would be like this time next week or earlier instead of keeping us waiting till the day before results day because yh i agree in the sense i would be able to predict my english lang grade if i knew what the grade boundaries for the AS resit and A2 papers were .... but at least they come out the day before results day thus giving me some time to prepare myself if i think the boundaries have screwed me over

ReputationRep:
    yh but doubt the boundaries have actually been set yet but I think it would be fairer if they released them when they have been set which I'm guessing would be like this time next week or earlier instead of keeping us waiting till the day before results day because yh i agree in the sense i would be able to predict my english lang grade if i knew what the grade boundaries for the AS resit and A2 papers were .... but at least they come out the day before results day thus giving me some time to prepare myself if i think the boundaries have screwed me over
    Most definitely. TSR is gonna be mad as per usual when grade boundaries are released, hopefully they don't decide to make the grade boundaries sky rocket! I'm feeling they might tbh as the majority of my exams were 'easy' dare I say it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    I was already doubting it, purely because I'd never looked at Advertising courses before and this one has a year in industry. She just added to it. At least I don't live with her haha
    You'd be more than able to get into advertising as a job with your Cardiff course though - there's no reason why you can't have it all with either route

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely. TSR is gonna be mad as per usual when grade boundaries are released, hopefully they don't decide to make the grade boundaries sky rocket! I'm feeling they might tbh as the majority of my exams were 'easy' dare I say it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh I can see the maths ones being high and also I fear psychology for AQA will also go up again given the amount of people now using model essays which the examiner reports have even mentioned which suggests AQA isn't keen for students to get A*'s and A's unless they do genuinely ace the papers

ReputationRep:
    Someone kill me, I don't want this day to come.

ReputationRep:
    LOL - promise you won't feel like that at 8 am on results day if UCAS has updated with happy news! Hold on tight - it will all work out
    (Original post by AlphaArgonian)
    Someone kill me, I don't want this day to come.

ReputationRep:
    Never understood the point of memorising model answers (for psychology) - that's not really the point of 2 years of studying.
    yh I can see the maths ones being high and also I fear psychology for AQA will also go up again given the amount of people now using model essays which the examiner reports have even mentioned which suggests AQA isn't keen for students to get A*'s and A's unless they do genuinely ace the papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    LOL - promise you won't feel like that at 8 am on results day if UCAS has updated with happy news! Hold on tight - it will all work out
    Hopefully, I mean I doubt I failed AS maths and AS further maths but I have no clue with these new specs for chemistry and biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Never understood the point of memorising model answers (for psychology) - that's not really the point of 2 years of studying.
    Well I memorised over 20 essays word-for-word for psychology, however these were my own answers which I had spent ages creating myself using the textbooks and not ones from the internet, and I felt like personally this was the only way to guarantee actually doing really well in the exams as the exam is only 1.5 hours to write 3 essays so if i went in having just learnt random studies ect for each essay then i doubt i would've been able to write a proper essay but having memorised all the possible essays meant i used up 3 answer booklets for that exam having written like 5-6 pages for each question. I'll see on results day how effective this method was lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaArgonian)
    Hopefully, I mean I doubt I failed AS maths and AS further maths but I have no clue with these new specs for chemistry and biology.
    ah gosh you do some hard subjects mate ... good luck to you and let us know what you get !

ReputationRep:
    Wow don't know how you managed that! I did my A levels in 2014 (psychology included) and I didn't do it that way - don't think I would have been able to recall that much without getting all mixed up so well done you for your amazing recall powers! We had a "seen exam" at uni this year where you were given the paper in advance, had time to prepare your answer then reproduce it under exam conditions and it was probably my lowest mark this year lol! I must work better with making up as you go along on the day of the exam
    Well I memorised over 20 essays word-for-word for psychology, however these were my own answers which I had spent ages creating myself using the textbooks and not ones from the internet, and I felt like personally this was the only way to guarantee actually doing really well in the exams as the exam is only 1.5 hours to write 3 essays so if i went in having just learnt random studies ect for each essay then i doubt i would've been able to write a proper essay but having memorised all the possible essays meant i used up 3 answer booklets for that exam having written like 5-6 pages for each question. I'll see on results day how effective this method was lol

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely terrified for this day. I didn't apply for medicine last year so may not even get the chance to this year :/ to add to all the stress, we have parents trying to reassure us, but it just makes things worse!

(Original post by Lularose83)
    Absolutely terrified for this day. I didn't apply for medicine last year so may not even get the chance to this year :/ to add to all the stress, we have parents trying to reassure us, but it just makes things worse!
    There are different ways to get into Medicine if it doesn't work out this time round (although I'll keep my fingers crossed for you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    There are different ways to get into Medicine if it doesn't work out this time round (although I'll keep my fingers crossed for you).
    I think that knowledge is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment! Also thank you for all the help you give in relation to medicine questions

(Original post by Lularose83)
    I think that knowledge is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment! Also thank you for all the help you give in relation to medicine questions
    No worries.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.