The Student Room Group

Anyone ever been to a club on their own?

Anon cos my friend I speak of is on here and I don't want to make her feel bad.

OK. So I really really really wanted to go out tomorrow night with my friend. But she's mugged it off due to being ill. Fair enough if she's ill I suppose, but it's still REALLY annoying.

I've been seeing this boy very on and off over the summer, and he's going for his birthday. It's quite a small club and guaranteed I will know the majority of the people there, but none of them quite well. All of my other close friends are busy, and the people I know that are going, I don't feel like I know them well enough to like go with them and pre drink with them or anything. The boy made it very clear he really wants me to be there, but I haven't seen him in like over a fortnight and I don't know any of his friends so I'll probably just seem like a bit of a **** if I ask to go with him.

I REALLY wanted to go, I am really gutted at this whole situation and pissed off at my friends' illness (not her personally, but the situation!!!). I've been looking forward to it all week, haven't left this house in ages, this is the first time I've had money in aaaages and I have a new outfit to wear and everything. Should I just give it up and accept I'm not going? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

You could try finding a new friend to go with... or you could pay someone to be your friend for the day :dontknow:
Can't you ask to go with him. Or just speak to some of the people you don't know that well and be like 'Oh im not sure if im going now cos my friend let me down' I'm sure they'll say 'oh just come with us'
Reply 3
Wear a dodgy mac coat with nothing underneath and no one will question your motives of going alone :wink:
No! Go! I went to a mate's party, only really knowing her. Or you could try talking to the guy, say ur a bit unsure bout going alone, he might give you a plus one to take someone else! :smile: good luck!
Reply 5
The exact same thing happened to me, but i stayed at home because tbh, going clubbing with your mates is LOADS better than going with a guy. Just wait a couple of weeks when your friend is better, then get group of you to go then invite this boy along then. Maybe get some of his mates to go aswell :smile:

So yeah, wait untill you can go with your mate, then it'll be even more fun/exciting because it's something to look forward to etc - just make sure you keep money aside for it and don't spend it whilst your waiting to go, like i did :/
maybe dont go out and pre-drink with anyone but just go to the club and meet the people you say you know of and the boy there.

I would imagine that the people who you say you dont know very well would be too smashed to care if you were hanging around with them in the club, and would probably act like your best mates with them anyway if they have been drinking.
If your friend is on here then she's going to know it's you with all the info you have provided. :smile:
Yes, I went in first... wiating for my friends but they never came. Texted them, turns out couple of them had forgotten their ID and so they had gone home...

Probably not what you were after but im still angry about it :mad: Still... ended up a good night.
Reply 9
Text the guy saying you would love to go, but your friend bailed. Say your still up for going but no so keen of being by yourself... will he keep you company for the night?
Reply 10
simon12345
If your friend is on here then she's going to know it's you with all the info you have provided. :smile:

she barely ever comes on so I doubt she'll see it, but if she clicked on my username she'd trace it back wouldn't she?
Arctic_wombaT
maybe dont go out and pre-drink with anyone but just go to the club and meet the people you say you know of and the boy there.

I would imagine that the people who you say you dont know very well would be too smashed to care if you were hanging around with them in the club, and would probably act like your best mates with them anyway if they have been drinking.

this is a good idea and very true. Once everyone is drunk they will just assume your there with people. Just keep mingling about from people to people
Reply 12
The guy might like you. Grow some and go on your own.
Reply 13
going to clubs alone is only weird if you're gonna be that desperate weirdo dancing on his own and trying to strike up conversations with unwilling strangers

if you reckon you know loads of the people there anyway it seems to me that it'd be just like the way a lot of people head to the local pub to meet whatever mates happen to be there
I have stayed in a club before when mates have left not knowing anyone in the joint (not yet anyway:smile:). It works better for a guy tho, you generally don't get hunted down by girls.:o:
loafer
no, i am quite sure that nobody has ever been to a club on their own.

Pissed mates of mine have.
Reply 16
noone has

except this guy
Reply 17
I've never been to a club on my own - I have friends. :biggrin:
Trust me if you can like my mates who can chat to anyone, you are a straight up badman.
Reply 19
Go! I'm sure you'll have a good time, you have nothing to lose reallly. Go for it

Latest

Trending

Trending