The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anonymous
It is a long story, but yes, I've never been to a club / pub etc.

I've read a few threads and I think the advice is to take the drink slowly and know the limits.

I just want to know stuff about drinks etc. I can't find any solid information of what stuff tastes like, e.g. what does vodka taste like etc and what does different mixes taste like. I want to enjoy freshers and try to blend in without anyone knowing hehehe so just some general info is all good.

Also, I have a gf going to a different uni. We are staying together but does that mean I can't dance with girls? Not that I can't dance, nor that I really want to, but what is your advice on that as well. Cheers.

Best thing to do is to prepare to make a fool of yourself initially...
TBH nobody will really notice...
Don't listen to ANY of the women saying drink WKD!

I repeat

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF THE WOMEN SAYING DRINK WKD!

Oh and if I were you, i'd ease myself into it, start off light, maybe a bit of cider or lager.
Bubbles*de*Milo
I mixed it with a load of Soju the (second?) time. Soju is Korean rice wine (like Sake). Then I took some weird stuff from a freshie Korean in King's X.

I don't remember anything apart from this woman pointing at me and going "WHAAAAT'S THIS CRACKHEAD ON?" really loudly to her boyfriend (tbh she was trying to talk to me before but I couldn't even speak to her I was just muttering and shaking and sweating). Then one of my friends left me to have gay sex in the toilet with a guy he just met, and I was having a hallucination about my shoes.

Never again. :nope:
You have got the most interesting stories when it involves you being drunk.

The real question though is have you tried LSD :biggrin: ? (I will never ever touch that **** again, scarred for life. Blood coming down walls, dogs with three heads, hands catching fire then going out.)
Reply 43
Bubbles*de*Milo
Vodka tastes like absolute ****. Like peppery water? Hmmm.

Ughh I agree. It is FOUL
n0c0ntr0l
You have got the most interesting stories when it involves you being drunk.

The real question though is have you tried LSD :biggrin: ? (I will never ever touch that **** again, scarred for life. Blood coming down walls, dogs with three heads, hands catching fire then going out.)

No, I always want to and could probably get it, but there's never been a place to do it, allow doing it in London.
i'm on the same-ish boat. I don't drink and i had never been clubbing. i went the other weekend and i thoroughly enjoyed myself. I remembered to have water in between drinks and pace myself (being a newbie and all) and my friends were helpful with recommending 'beginner drinks', cider and black was by far my favourite.

Enjoy yourself!

ps. just was a bit tired the next day :smile:
Bubbles*de*Milo
No, I always want to and could probably get it, but there's never been a place to do it, allow doing it in London.

Why not in London? Im doing it next friday, praying for a good trip but we'll have to see!

OP do a few vodka single mixes and see how you feel. You can dance with other girls, just dont touch them.
Reply 47
n0c0ntr0l
Deep and meaningful conversation.

Whatever you do, don't mix it and alcohol. I did that twice, both times I have absolutely no recollection of what happened. I was told however I was confessing my love to every remotely pretty girl at the party. That and some funky dancing.

Bahaha wish I had that advice the first time I tried it.

All I can remember clearly saying was doing the whole....
"No man I love you!"
Reply 48
Get some pimms and lemonade down you, it's brilliant :wink:
Reply 49
I would reccommend coke with Jack Daniels (whisky) to start you off, tbh if your new to drinking stick to single shots (25ml) in your coke and go easy as you will have a much lower tolerance than other people.

Its also a much more manly drink than Alchopops like WKD, Smirnoff Ice etc which are usually drunk by women

You probably wont like beer cider or wine to start with as its an acquired taste
Reply 50
I would say drink spirits (vodka, whisky, rum) with mixers(coke, lemonade,redbull) as you don't really taste the drink. That or cocktails. For shots, do sours, or corkys or something, as these aren;t very alchoholic and are very sugary, but nice (and come in all sorts of flavours, like white chocolate, banofee pie, and strawberries and cream).

Don't try and keep up with everyone else, don't try and down things like jagerbombs in one go (Even though this is the normal way to drink them) as you'll end up puking pretty quick. If you do puke, try and do it in the toilets/smoking area/outside, not on the dancefloor, as you will get chucked out for this. If you feel like you're going to pass out, drink some water, and stop drinking alchohol.

And prepare to feel like death the next day.
BlocFFC
Drinking - Beer, Lager etc will probably require you to acquire a taste for. Though, perhaps a Fosters Top will be a good starter.

Vodka or any other spirits on own are strong so throw in mixers like Lemonade, Lime, Soda etc.

Dancing - If you are staying faithful then you can dance with girls, no grinding though!

my bf says i'm allowed to grind :biggrin:
Reply 52
rainbowbex

If you've got a boyfriend though, why would you want to?
Reply 53
If you are new to drinking DO NOT DRINK WHISKY MIXED WITH THINGS, because it makes the whisky taste crap and the pop taste crap. Drink vodka mixed with things instead.
rainbowbex

Cocktease!

Yeah I said it!
moreiniho
If you've got a boyfriend though, why would you want to?

Uh cos my bf will be in oxford...

and i love dancing?

n0c0ntr0l
Cocktease!

Yeah I said it!

I prefer the term flirtateous :wink:

but maybe your right.... and you LOVE it!
rainbowbex
Uh cos my bf will be in oxford...

and i love dancing?

I prefer the term flirtateous :wink:

but maybe your right.... and you LOVE it!

Guilty as charged!
Reply 57
Alex D
Get some pimms and lemonade down you, it's brilliant :wink:

pimms and lemonade makes me chunder like nobody's business.
never really figured out why..

what I really really like, OP, is malibu & lemonade... it sounds weird in theory, I know. But it tastes like refreshers :smile:

don't listen to advice to drink wkd/smirnoff ice. they are absolute diiiirrrrt.
I've never been to a pub/club myself but have had drinking experiences. Vodka and orange or Malibu and coke a brilliant drinks if you want something tasty. Also Bacardi Breezers ( raspberry flavour) are nice too if you want something light. You can always opt for a beer but I've never really liked the stuff.
Reply 59
lol pusssies in here

first time drinkin i drank 8 shots of jack daniels

dont drink beer or **** like that

Latest

Trending

Trending