The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stressworthy
Unis seem to be rubbish when it comes to replying to emails... they're going to do everything at their own pace regardless. I rang up my uni on Monday to see when they were going to get back to me, and they even said "a few days" over the phone. I'm still waiting! I know it's not quite the 31st March yet, but still...

Yeah just seen that 31st March is the target set to them by UCAS. I have now fully decided that if I don't have a response by 00:01 on the 2nd April I am withdrawing my application. Who are you waiting to hear back from
Tha_Black_Shinobi
Yeah just seen that 31st March is the target set to them by UCAS. I have now fully decided that if I don't have a response by 00:01 on the 2nd April I am withdrawing my application. Who are you waiting to hear back from

Manchester and Birmingham...
I've applied to birmingham city university to do a number of criminology degrees (I don't mind which one aslong as I get one).
However, because i applied quite late (at the start of March) I havn't heard anything back from them yet. Should i be worried or have alot of people not heard back off their uni's yet?
Given that you applied late, the universities have until 20th July to reply to your application. It's only after this date that if you haven't heard anything you're screwed as any outstanding choices then automatically become unsuccessful.

UCAS key dates
Reply 2884
You applied a pretty long time after the deadline - I'd guess they'll give out all the replies to people who applied on time first and then will get back to the late applicants. That might not be right, but it would make sense.
im still waiting on my first choice :frown: and i applied by the regular deadline! what do you guys think the chance is of getting an offer this late? my uni said id hear from them either before or on the 31st of march....not looking good for me really.
Ugh, a "few days"? Wish I never rang up now, cos it makes the wait even more annoying...
Reply 2887
I don't know if what I am asking is stupid, but do universities close for easter? I mean are there going to be any new this week???
Danae
I don't know if what I am asking is stupid, but do universities close for easter? I mean are there going to be any new this week???

I don't think it's a stupid question! Considering the Easter holidays are a good few weeks long, I'm hoping replies will still be given during this time. But I've heard most that can reply by 31st March will try to do so, but it's not long till then now so it's not looking good for me :frown:

The worst thing is I contacted my unis earlier this week and they said I'd hear in a few days... eep...
thisyear!
im still waiting on my first choice :frown: and i applied by the regular deadline! what do you guys think the chance is of getting an offer this late? my uni said id hear from them either before or on the 31st of march....not looking good for me really.

Of course you have a chance, it's not the 31st yet and if they weren't considering you they would have rejected you before now.

Unis will be shut over the bank holidays, but that should be it :smile:
Reply 2890
Stressworthy
I don't think it's a stupid question! Considering the Easter holidays are a good few weeks long, I'm hoping replies will still be given during this time. But I've heard most that can reply by 31st March will try to do so, but it's not long till then now so it's not looking good for me :frown:

The worst thing is I contacted my unis earlier this week and they said I'd hear in a few days... eep...

I applied after the 15th of January so I think that the deadline for late applications is not the 31th of March... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Danae
I applied after the 15th of January so I think that the deadline for late applications is not the 31th of March... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh yeah, that's true! But you can still hope :p:
Reply 2892
Stressworthy
Oh yeah, that's true! But you can still hope :p:

The truth is that i prefer not to get all my answers by Wednesday because in that case I have to make a choice earlier and I don't feel ready for that!!!!:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
And I prefer to get my last answer by Wednesday, coz on Friday I'm cancelling the choice! :rolleyes:
Reply 2894
FieldLeftBlank
And I prefer to get my last answer by Wednesday, coz on Friday I'm cancelling the choice! :rolleyes:

yes, because you prefer the uni that has already replied and i prefer the ones i haven't had:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: a reply yet!!!!!!
Danae
yes, because you prefer the uni that has already replied and i prefer the ones i haven't had:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: a reply yet!!!!!!

Well... it's how things go.
Anyway, don't worry, they'll all reply eventually. :wink:
Reply 2896
I hereby announce (with joy) my withdrawal from this thread, as I now have responses from all universities.

*boogies*
I am only waiting on one more Uni to respond. Hopefully it will come today or tomorrow!
Is there any point emailing the universities to ask how the application is going? I'm only waiting on Bristol (got unconditional for Exeter, turned down UCL and got rejected for Edin a while ago, and rejected from Durham today).

I'm quite anxious as Bristol is by far and away my favourite choice (though it's comforting to have an unconditional for Exeter, which is my second choice). I am also extremely fed up with compulsively checking track every couple of hours.
benhussey
Is there any point emailing the universities to ask how the application is going? I'm only waiting on Bristol (got unconditional for Exeter, turned down UCL and got rejected for Edin a while ago, and rejected from Durham today).

I'm quite anxious as Bristol is by far and away my favourite choice (though it's comforting to have an unconditional for Exeter, which is my second choice). I am also extremely fed up with compulsively checking track every couple of hours.

I know how you feel mate, I'm waiting on Aberdeen getting back to me but they do have until tomorrow to get back to you if you handed your application in on time although they may well take longer!

I would try to avoid e-mailing them about the application but that's just me!

Latest

Trending

Trending